Band Over Bypass

jstansel57
on 8/9/12 8:44 am
Ok, so here is the deal. I have been approved for Band over Bypass. My pouch is still small but I have strtched the opening. I have not been as compliant as I should have been, I admit it. Obviously i have a problem. The dr wants to do a Band over Bypass revision but will that help me? Really, what makes me think I will comply with that? I just really feel I should start going to the support groups and get back on track which I KNOW will be hard but I feel if my pouch is still small is should still work for me. Your thoughts? I need to lose 50 lbs. Please give me your ideas and thoughts.
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/12 2:32 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
There are several people on the Lap Band forum who have gone this route.  You might want to consider cross posting there.
Hislady
on 8/9/12 2:42 pm - Vancouver, WA
I would suggest some counceling to figure out why you are beng non compliant first, the band over bypass won't work if you aren't compliant. The weight loss is usually slower with the band so you will have to work extra hard. I'd suggest also doing some serious journaling of every bite of food that goes in your mouth to see what might need to be changed. Good luck what ever you decide.
heathercross
on 8/9/12 6:01 pm - New York, NY
 I have a BOB but I was very, very compliant with the RNY and have been again with the BOB.  If you aren't compliant, you wouldn't lose weight and even worse, you will vomit all the time, causing strain on your stomach and band which could lead to complications, slippage, etc,  

IMO, a BOB is for someone with a stretched pouch and NOT an enlarged stoma.  Just my 2 cents.  My pouch is stretched so I can eat a ton, my stoma is entact, that is why a BOB was recommended for me or a RNY revision, making the pouch smaller.

I walk home 5 miles, 5 days a week. I eat 3-4 small meals a day and I dont drink soda and I don't eat bread, If you failed at the RNY, then you will have a hell of a time with the BOB.  The RNy was a 'pieve of cake' where you can lose doing nothing.  The Band requires A LOT OF WORK, its a diet and the weight loss is ridiciously slow.

MARIA F.
on 8/17/12 10:54 pm - Athens, GA

I have the band and I wouln't recommend it to my worst enemy! If you want to revise from RNY my suggestion would be DS.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active
Recent Topics