2 weeks all liquid diet before revision

nikkim102
on 2/2/13 10:31 pm

I am having my revision surgery on Feb. 19.  Revising from VBG to Gastric Bypass.  2 weeks before my surgery I have to go on an all liquid diet of 800 calories a day to lose weight & shrink liver so it will be easier for surgeons to do surgery.   Am wondering if anybody else was required to do this before their revisions ???    How did you handle it. ???   This is a drastic change in diet & Im concerned I may have cravings, etc.    Any suggestions other than talking to my Dietician which I plan on doing this next week    ??????  

heathercross
on 2/3/13 1:11 am - New York, NY

Yes.  I had to do this before my revision (RNY to Band) and its really no biggie. It was a piece of cake actually after like 2nd day.  I was allowed shakes, soups (broth) and veggies.  Its to shrink your organs and defat your liver. It makes surgery easier.  Plus, I lost 14lbs.

nikkim102
on 2/4/13 5:46 am

You got to have veggies. That's great !!!   They never told me anything about vegetables. I would love to have some of those, because I do eat alot of them anyway.  All I suppose to have are the protein shakes, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, Crystal Light & water. BLAHHHH !!!!

pineview01
on 2/5/13 11:08 am - Davison, MI

That is all I could have for 2 weeks before being banded.  When I got ride of that nasty thing and went in for the sleeve, they had added 2 cups of raw veggies to the above items.  Just celery, cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli and the such.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

nikkim102
on 2/6/13 5:30 am
So how is your sleeve surgery working for you? Drs told me I might lose weight slot slower this time around. How do you feel?
Hislady
on 2/3/13 10:15 am - Vancouver, WA

Oh yeah I had to do 30 days of liquids, skim milk 3x a day and all the no calories drinks I wanted. Then after surgery it was another week of clears, then a week or 2 of full liquids then finally mushies! After the first couple of days it didn't bother me much, I felt too tired to eat anyway. I wouldn't plan any big projects while you are doing the liquids just because you usually feel pretty burnt out during that time. I didn't really have many cravings tho.

nikkim102
on 2/5/13 4:22 am
Started partial liquid Monday...yesterday. Official date is today that I start full liquids. Am very weak and tired already today. Could hardly do my grocery shopping. Does it get any easier?
pineview01
on 2/5/13 11:09 am - Davison, MI

After day 3-4 it gets easier.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

nikkim102
on 2/6/13 5:27 am
Today has been an easier day so far. Got weak only once.
nikkim102
on 2/6/13 5:32 am
What type of revision did you have, and was it a success?
Most Active
Recent Topics