RNY to lap band

camarofanatic90
on 2/26/13 5:01 am - Pampa, TX

just wondering if anyone ever went on to the lap band after the rny I never reached my goal my ryn. Just kinda lost here

Hislady
on 2/26/13 10:12 am - Vancouver, WA

Are you talking band over bypass (BOB)? There is a gal here that had it done I believe her name is Heather Cross but not positive,hopefully she'll see this. I'll see if I can find her and send her this way.

camarofanatic90
on 2/26/13 10:15 am - Pampa, TX

Yes that is what I am looking for thanks for your help.

LEE
on 2/26/13 10:21 am

I believe that is what Carne Wilson had a few months ago.  I know 1 person at my meetings that had it and she had almost no success at all.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
huntgirl1991
on 2/26/13 11:37 am
Yes that is what carnie Wilson did... Personally I don't see why anyone would want a lapband it's a horrid thing that has caused me to vomit everyday for 6 years, but I guess some people have success with it. Please keep in mind the makers of the band now say it should only be left in for 5-10 years.

Here is a Carnie Wilson interview about it

http://youtu.be/CrthBvnjDYI

heathercross
on 2/26/13 7:46 pm - New York, NY

Hey. I've had a BOB - RNY to Band.  I had it done in June of 2011.  Please feel free to read my profile, I did a fairly good job of detailing everything and the experience. I am very happy with it, Im down like 80lbs, lost all the the regain and then some. I still could be losing but my exercise hasn't been what it was in the fall/summer bc of the cold.  I want to lose another 20lbs this Spring/Summer.

Let me know if you have any questions.  

camarofanatic90
on 2/27/13 1:19 am - Pampa, TX

thank you Heather  I will check you out 

pineview01
on 2/27/13 11:27 am - Davison, MI

I have seen lots of short term success.  But, it only became really popular a year or so ago.  I wouldn't recommend a band to my worst enemy.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

camarofanatic90
on 2/28/13 12:40 am - Pampa, TX

thank you.

i can just eat anything I want and it doesn't bother, i exercise when I can but a 2ft snow bilazzard shuts down town. People were so quick to judge with out knowing the facts. My dr is 700 miles+ away.

ButterflyAna
on 2/28/13 1:07 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
I have the band and am converting to a sleeve. I have had a lot of complications but I do not hate my band. It truley saved my life. I have lost 80lbs and kept it off for 5 years. I rarely get hungry and eat only 2 to 3 times a day. I can not eat bread, pasta, or rice. Rice is the worst and hurts so much. Not even the chicken dance will make you feel better if you eat rice. Just know that you have to make changes to your diet. With the RNY you can eat anything and still lose weight, with the band if you eat junk you will not lose the weight. You can eat slider foods **** cream, chips, cokes) which even in small amounts will prevent weight lose.
Good Luck I hope everything goes well for you.
P.S. Vomiting is not a good thing, if you vomit you are too tight or you have ate a food that you can no longer eat.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

Most Active
Recent Topics