Ok Kind of pisssed off

tbone88
on 7/30/13 10:58 am - MO

So I had my original RNY surgery in 2000. lost over 150lbs. gained just about all of it back. I just flew to mexico to have revision surgery. They only do RNY to Rny revision. So They put me under anesthesia to do an Endscope to see what needs to be done. I thought after that I would be woken up so we could discuss options and what they found. Boy was I wrong. They just decided to do what ever they wanted. After I came too the next day and finally was able to speak to the surgeon I was told they did nothing to my pouch it was the perfect size. They did bypass more of my small intestine he said 2 meters So I dont know if that means that is all I have left is to meters or if he bypassed 2 meters beyond what was originally done. I was not given any diet or nutritianal infor just he same things they hand out to all patients.one week liqiud, one week pureed. just the basics. my problem Is since they did nothing to my pouch I am starving not literally but I am constantly hungry. I have not ate anything yet. I am actually afraid to. I take that back I had sugar free pudding with a scoop of unjury unflavored protein mixed in. Anyone have any ideas or experiences? Maybe them bypassing my intestine more will jump start the weight loss again. I dont know. At this point I feel down and confussed and ripped off.

Cbaker1163
on 7/30/13 12:24 pm
Revision on 07/12/13

I had my original RNY in 2001--just had my RNY to RNY revision on 7/12. My surgeon did make my pouch a little smaller and bypassed more of the intestine to increase the malabsorption. Why'd you go to Mexico? Are you close to GA? I'm sure there are qualified surgeons close to you, I think you need to get yourself looked at--just to make sure everything is ok. I mean I sounds to me lie you have a malpractice case. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/13 4:15 am
On July 30, 2013 at 7:33 PM Pacific Time, leanonme wrote:

No malpractice for Mexican surgeons.

Not accurate info.  However there is a difference, the difference is that med malpractice is more of a criminal issue vs. civil.

ChaChaCha
on 7/30/13 8:16 pm - Cleveland, OH
leanonme
on 7/30/13 12:33 pm

No malpractice for Mexican surgeons.

tbone88
on 7/30/13 1:56 pm - MO

insurance said not just no but HELL no! they would not cover revision so I had to self pay and from everything I read on the Mexico forum all I read were good things. Who knows maybe I am mad about nothing. maybe it was just the language barrier and I kist did not fullu understand what they told me. I do know they didnt touch my pouch. and as far as the 2 meters of intestine I dont know if that is what is left inside of me or how much more he bypassed.

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/13 4:18 am
On July 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM Pacific Time, tbone88 wrote:

insurance said not just no but HELL no! they would not cover revision so I had to self pay and from everything I read on the Mexico forum all I read were good things. Who knows maybe I am mad about nothing. maybe it was just the language barrier and I kist did not fullu understand what they told me. I do know they didnt touch my pouch. and as far as the 2 meters of intestine I dont know if that is what is left inside of me or how much more he bypassed.

You should have been sent home with your OR report, leak xrays, labs, etc.  Which surgeon did you go to?

pineview01
on 8/1/13 2:25 pm - Davison, MI

What surgeon did you use?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ChaChaCha
on 7/30/13 11:26 pm - Cleveland, OH
Nancy, thank you for the compliments by the way!

I changed my password so hopefully no one will be writing strange posts, posing as me!
          "We live in a society where it's more socially acceptable to be a junkie than it is to be overweight."     --CC Deville, guitarist for Poison    
MSSEXXC74
on 7/31/13 1:24 am

Nancy Q,

I thought you were saying my post was false.  I was like I don't even have any pictures on my page and nowhere on my profile does it say that I had anything done in 2010. LOL

MSSEXXC

Most Active
Recent Topics