revison considered? ROSE?

free4ever
on 1/10/14 12:29 pm - Elizabeth City, NC

I had gastric bypass feb09 and I am considering a revision.  Duke Bariatric has 2 procedures, ROSE and Stomax.  Anyone had one of these or can offer some advise?

Hislady
on 1/10/14 2:24 pm - Vancouver, WA

I haven't had either of them but from what I've read here neither of them is really a fix and both have very poor weight loss statistics.

MsBatt
on 1/11/14 7:32 am

They've pretty much the same thing, and neither of them seem to work very well. Hopefully someone who's had them will speak up.

Do you know specifically why your RNY has failed you? That's really the first thing to consider, because knowing that will help you decide on the best sort of revision for YOUR needs. (Have you considered revising your RNY to a DS? That's the most effective revision.)

heathercross
on 1/12/14 6:14 am - New York, NY

Pardon my forwardness, but, both don't work, aren't WLS and aren't covered by insurance.  And, you'll need a 3rd procedure in a year.  Go get a Endoscopy, get a CT Scan of your abdomen and find out whats going on with your pouch.Then if its enlarged and/[r your stoma is enlarged, see a surgeon about a RNY revision, a DS or a BOB (Band over Bypass).  

Heather

Most Active
Recent Topics