Fistula anyone?

fawnlori
on 7/13/14 8:25 am - New Britain, CT
Revision on 08/11/14

In 4 weeks I am going to have more of a repair than a revision.  I developed a gastro-gastric fistula so in essence, everything grew back together and my pouch is withering away unused.  They are repairing the fistula and then making me a new pouch.  I'm looking to talk to anyone that has had a fistula repair and revision. 

RNY 10/5/09                 REPAIR/REVISION 8/11/14

SW 492                           SW 343

LW 267                           CW            

CW 343 

MsBatt
on 7/14/14 5:47 am

No personal experience here. Given that your BMI is still rather high, have you considered revising to a DS? The DS has the best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats for patients of any size, but especially so for those of us with a BMI greater than 50.

thekatinthehat
on 8/25/14 10:20 am

How did your revision go?  I was recently diagnosed with a fistula as well.  Would like to hear how your healing process,and eating process, is going

Chilipepper
on 8/25/14 1:12 pm

I am 7 yrs post op and have a pretty bad gastrogastric fistula. Along with a blind limb. I go in a 10 days to have it fixed.  They are doing a complete gastrectomy. Creating a new pouch with because of the dead tissue will be a lot smaller then removing the blind limb and lengthining my channel.  It's ugly.  It was a rare complication for rny patients, but they are finding more and more late termers developing this problem. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

pineview01
on 9/1/14 2:42 pm - Davison, MI

I have seen many coming here with the same issue.  Another for vsg/ds, no blind stomach left to refuse.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Chilipepper
on 9/2/14 7:52 am

What are you trying to say pine view?

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

pineview01
on 9/3/14 12:12 pm - Davison, MI

When you have a VSG/DS there is no blind stomach left in your body.  If there isn't a blind stomach, your pouch can't attach to it and allow it to function as the food goes into it from the pouch.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics