VSG to RNY weight loss / vitamins

missmichelle78
on 10/11/19 12:41 pm - Fresno, CA
I have a hernia, GERD and am about 40 lbs over weight. I need to fix the hernia but they strongly suggest revision.
1. I get physically ill flu like symptoms when I eat certain foods like no sugar added and sometimes randomly and have to be careful what I eat. Does that get worse with the RNY?
2. I’ve noticed people with the RNY the weight shifts and their body looks droopy. I didn’t have any of that with the sleeve. Did anyone with the revision experience uneven weightloss?
3. Any regrets?

White Dove
on 10/12/19 12:46 pm

Most revision patients lose about 20 pounds. You should not see a droopy body from that. The big change should be resolving the GERD. You will still have to watch the sugar intake.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/13/19 9:05 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I also had a hernia and GERD and ended up with a revision to RNY about 2.5 months ago. No regrets at all, my GERD is completely resolved. Even though I struggle with food getting stuck (my sleeve stretched and my pouch is smaller than normal) I have zero regrets.

Folks can have uneven weight loss with any surgery, I suspect it's all a matter of luck. I'm down 38lb and have none of that so far, I'm saggy in a completely even fashion!

Nerdy Little Secret (#42) - Derby Strong!
VSG 2013, lost 150lb - RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD

Most Active
Recent Topics