I fell off the wagon...

Stacy4442
on 3/28/11 11:08 am
We had Easter candy at work yesterday.  I ate way too much.  What started out as one piece turned into many more over the course of the day.  I felt nauseated and gross. 

Have any of you fallen and how do you get back up and start over again?

KittenLove
on 3/28/11 11:19 am - Around Knoxville, TN
never plan your journey based on what you left in the dust.

You can't change what happened. We've all done it. I am my own worst critic. Make your next choice better and learn from it? Does it affect the same situation next time around? Maybe. Maybe not.

The difference will come down to how you choose to address this and move forward. You can do it!

Be happy. 

erin_akey
on 3/28/11 1:13 pm - AL
Everyone, no matter how sucessful, has bad days where they eat the wrong thing or things.  YOu have to pick yourself up and say, "okay, I messed up.  what can I do to not mess up tomorrow?"

For me it was coming to the realization, about three weeks before my RNY, that I was a food addict.  And I always will be a food addict.  I have had to learn along the way how to retrain my brain regarding the rleationship with food.

For you it was Easter candy.  For me the trigger foods are things like Doritos and Lays chips.  I bascially do not allow myself to have them because I know I cannot eat just one Dorito, or one chip.  I also know that they are full of salt and fat and grease and all of the things I no longer want in my body. 

You have to just tell yourself that that candy is nothing but empty calories and you could do WAY better things for yourself than eat candy if you are hungry.  It isn't easy, and before you get control of it, I am sure it will happen again and again.  I went through hell getting off the chips and Doritos.  But now, I really do not miss them.  Once every six months, I may allow myself a snack sized bag of one or the other, but that is it.

Just do not make the mistake of beating yourself up over it because all that does is lead to more bad choices.  Just get up and start over tomorrow!  One day at a time and one meal at a time!

FORGET the bad choices and move forward and tell yourself you CAN do it.  If you know one piece of something ewill lead to more, try not to have the one. 

Keep something like a protein bar that has some chocolate or another healthy option at your desk to help you overcome the temptation too! 

You can do it!
www.bariatricguru.com
Yes you CAN be a Bariatric Guru!
Tune in to FM TALK 106.5 Sundays from 12-1pm central for my show Fit LIving!  Listen live online at www.fmtalk1065.com .  We discuss life after weight loss surgery and living a healthy lifestyle!  Call in with questions for our expert guests!
"LIKE" us on Facebook- The Bariatric Guru

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 3/29/11 4:14 pm - Green Valley, AZ
HI Stacy, The advice given above is excellent. I know you will overcome. I have faith in you. We are still in a learning phase. (Probably will be for the rest of our lives)  Mag   

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 488 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 488 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 76 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?