yogurt

gochristy1971
on 3/27/11 11:41 pm - CA

One more food question before I'm out the door to my surgery!

I have been looking at yogurt.  I am supposed to stay under 5g of sugar per serving of anything.

Is this the same with yogurt?  Because I cannot find one that is that low in sugar.  Any help is appreciated!

Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 12:05 am - TX
The only one I found was the little four ounce cups of Fiber One yogurt.

The other thing you can do is buy non fat Greek yogurt (Chobani, Oikos, Dannon) in the big 32 ounce containers and mix them with a little sugar free jelly or jam like blackberry, raspberry (seedless of course), etc. That actually tastes better than the Fiber One.

I also buy the Athenos Greek yogurt that has little separate compartments and has the non fat yogurt on one side and the 'mixer' (strawberry, blueberry) on the other, and only mix in half the mixer. That cuts it from the 9 grams of sugar to less than 5.
steve D.
on 3/28/11 1:52 am - West Fargo, ND
Remember, even non fat plain yogurt has milk sugars in it.  I don't know if you can find one under 5 grams, maybe.

I use Fage 0%.  In one cup it has 120 calories and 20 grams of protein.  It does have about 9 grams of sugar, but again, these are milk sugars.

I mix, SF Jelly, SF Coffee Syrups, or Truvia and fresh fruit.  It is one of my favorites.  The Fage seems to be a little thicker and creamier than other brands.

Good luck on your surgery.

Steve

MissTootsie
on 3/28/11 3:43 am - MA
Good luck with your surgery!

Please let us know how you're doing o.k.???

My prayers are with you!
"You must do the things you think you cannot do."  Eleanor Roosevelt   

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?