X-Post**SO Tell Me When Did You Actually Start to Say WOW to YOURSELF??? ugh

readytobeme2010
on 4/5/11 4:36 am - elkton, MD
Every day I still feel so yuck, fat, you name it.

As a lightweight, when did you actually start to look at yourself and say "wow I am starting to look good" or "wow I LOOK good"???? All I see is fat :(

Today I pulled out my bin of Spring/Summer clothes and clothes that are brand new that do not fit me yet (12's and 14's)

Only a couple of years ago my clothes were so small and it was kinda depressing. I have a pile now sitting nicely in my closet that at the end of each month I will do a "try on" to see what fits.

I love my skinny clothes or I should say my clothes when I was SKINNIER....it saddens me to see how much weight I put in on only in the past couple of years.

It  really started down hill when I was on anti depressants....OMG 30lbs in two months....even though I had my doc switch out my meds the weight before surgery never came back off.

I'm not on anything now and haven't been for over 6 months and I don't think I will EVER chance that again.

But I was just wondering because I REALLY feel more sh@$#%ty that good most days

Will there be a day I actually wake up and say "wow"???

Paul C.
on 4/5/11 4:38 am - Cumming, GA
No Idea.  I still see the fat guy looking back at me in the mirror. 
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Crazy* ~Beautiful
on 4/5/11 4:43 am - East Haven, VT
you have to step back and realize that you didn't put all the weight on overnight, so its not going to come off overnight. I know its hard...I was (& still am) extremely impatient...I just wanted to "get there". I have come to realize that there is no "there"...this process is all about the journey. So enjoy all the little WOW moments, they will happen and lots of them at that. Be patient, stick to the plan, and everything will fall into place.

Good Luck and congrats on your surgery
RNY-7/22/2010-Highest weight 315 / Surgery weight 280 / Current weight 186
1st Goal weight 199~"one"derland-REACHED! 2nd Goal weight 180~-TO BE CONTINUED!
  1st 5K: 29.48-5/19/2011  2nd 5K: 26.47-7/16/2011
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
birthdaygirl
on 4/5/11 4:54 am - Lithonia, GA
after fighting obesity all my life....getting married and having 10 kids back to back...developing diabetes, hypertension, joint problems, high cholesterol....................hmmmmm.....hold on wait a minute..

gallbladder taken out, a severely broken ankle while 7 months pregnant and having it reset with no meds and ankle reconstruction surgery.....a move from my hometown to a new state where I know no damn body.........wait now hold on......gastric bypass....then panniuclectomy/TT but inspite of these long deflated hurting "titties", acne after 25 years, 140 pound weight loss

as I looked in the mirror today with 20 mg of Celexa and 1 mg of Xanax in my system I said today " I look good"

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
birthdaygirl
on 4/5/11 4:55 am - Lithonia, GA
Oh my bad!........................I said "WOW"....now tomorrow may be another day!....lol

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
Kelly S.
on 4/5/11 5:03 am
I didn't really start to feel good until I got under 230lbs, but I wasn't a lightweight and I am fairly average height.

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

Bralen
on 4/5/11 5:05 am
Two weeks after surgery i said WOW when I could tie my shoes and breathe at the same time. Since then I have said WOW many times. I look for the little things.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
SHS12345
on 4/5/11 5:56 am
It is a struggle everyday. Everyone that sees me that hasn't in awhile says "Wow" but when I look in the mirror I still see my same heavier fatter self - ok maybe not as heavy but still see all the imperfections I hate and am far from the skinny everyone else says I am.

I did go shopping at lunch today and try on some size ten pants that fit - that got a "wow". From a size 24 to a 10 in nine months. That just might deserve a wow.
Regards,
Stacey

SueinUtah
on 4/5/11 11:21 pm
I started at 245 and am now 184 (a little over 3 months out).  I've gone from a 20 to a 14/16 (I'm 5'4").  But I still don't feel like I'm looking great.  Better, yes.  Great?  No. 

I feel a less conspicuous and more "normal" (whatever that is) and I'm happy about that.  But I don't get all excited when I look in the mirror.  I went clothes shopping in "normal" stores and tried on a bunch of clothes it just made me feel really fat still. 

Honestly, feeling somewhat average is a good feeling to me, but I'm not all "WOW - look at me, I'm gorgeous".  I don't think I have self esteem issues, I'm a fairly confident person, just sort of realistic.  I can look in the mirror and still see all of the rolls of fat that I still need to shed.  I don't expect to have a perfect body, but I know that I still have some distance to cover.
SW 245 / CW 163/ Goal 129 / Surgery date: 12/27/10               
texashello
on 4/6/11 2:42 am - Fort Worth, TX
I'm starting to feel a little wow just the last week or so. I am a lightweight too, 200 the day of surgery, I am down 67 pounds since surgery, 133 right now, and I am wearing size 4-6 (mostly 6). I put on a pair of size 7 juniors 28 waist size 7 jeans today that are tight, but I wore them anyway! I haven't worn them in about 20 years, maybe 15!

I am 5 and a half months out from surgery.

The day will come for you!

Highest weight 227, 200 day of surgery,  120 goal, at 109 now and still dropping
Stretch goal reached 7 months post op!   www.FollowMeWell.com
RNY 10.19.2010        
5'2" tall
Most Active
Recent Topics