How am I doing?

Stacy4442
on 4/13/11 12:49 pm
I am about three months out and had lost roughly 50 lbs.  I have only this week downsized my jeans.  I feel like I should be farther along.  I feel like I should have lost more and be seeing the results more.  I know, I know, be patient.  But when I read others who are at the same place and they are talking about being down two or three sizes, I get discouraged.  Any uplifting advice?

Lady Lithia
on 4/13/11 12:55 pm
Sizes are slow to come off in the beginning .... I lose 100 pounds from maximum before I went down a single size! Seriously!

I tell people that if they are at 50% excess weight loss at SIX months, they are average, more than 50% at six months, they are FAST losers and otherwise they are slow..... you can't really tell if you will be fast, slow, or average until you get to six months.

I was exactly at 50 lbs lost at 3 months!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Stacy4442
on 4/13/11 12:57 pm
Thank you, that does help.  I guess I am just tired and discouraged tonight.  I threw up my dinner and that always makes me feel awful--physically and mentally.  I have noticed that my shirts are bigger on me.  Maybe I am losing from the top down.  Shoot, there go my boobs!

Ladytazz
on 4/13/11 12:57 pm
How is your eating?  Are you tracking what you eat?  How about protein and fluids?  What does a typical day of eating look like for you?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Stacy4442
on 4/13/11 12:59 pm
Fluids are still a struggle every day but I am getting between 60 and 75 grams of protein a day.  I get my vitamins down but that takes some time.  I do track what I eat.  It is usually between 700 and 850 calories a day.  

Ladytazz
on 4/13/11 1:04 pm
I know it is easier said they done but it would really help your losing if you could get in your fluids.  You need fluids to flush the fat out.  It sounds like you are doing good calorie wise.  What kind of foods are you eating?  How is your carb intake?  It really does make a difference in what kind of calories you are getting.  It seems like you lose more when most of your calories are coming from protein instead of carbs.  If you are getting a lot of carbs you might try replacing them with protein.  When I increased my protein to over 100 grams a day and my fluids to over 100 oz a day my weight loss really took off.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Tina C.
on 4/13/11 3:28 pm - Moose Jaw, Canada
Sizes are weird and it also goes to whast each individual feels comfortable in when wearng a particular size. Im 10 weeks out and down 66.6 pounds since surgery and its really only in the last two weeks that Ive noticed my clothes are actually getting too big. Each of our journeys are individual and before you know you wont be able to keep up with the drop in clothes size. Congrats on your amazing progress so far !
wrighthampton
on 4/13/11 4:20 pm - NY
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DOING GREAT,WISH I WAS DOING THAT GOOD, I HAD MY SURGERY 3 DAYS AFTER YOU IVE ONLY LOST 22 LBS
cindy31
on 4/13/11 9:11 pm - Gwynn Oak, MD
Is your 50 pounds since surgery or including your pre op weight loss , if all 50 pounds are post op i would say that it awesome , i have lost 65 pounds total but that is including 24 pounds lost during my liquid diet, i have only lost 41 pounds since surgery on 01/25/11 so I would sayyour are doing great.
            Highest weight- 325  Day of surgery- 301  Post surgery -306            
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/11 9:57 pm - Groton, CT
RNY on 05/03/10 with
It was a good 60 lbs lost before I had to buy new jeans. But, once I did, I started going through sizes really fast! I've gone from a 28W/30w to a regular misses size 16. Size 14 is just around the corner, which means more money spent on clothes. So, be careful what you wish for--it could get expensive! LOL!

In all seriousness, you have to realize that every one of us is different and we all lose weight on different timeframes and in different areas. Stop comparing yourself to others and pay attention to what is right for your body.

It sounds to me as if you're doing great! Be patient, you'll be shoping for new sizes before you know it!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 360 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 79 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?