does it matter?

melissa22886
on 4/16/11 5:52 am
on my days 3-9 full liquid diet i can have SF pudding, dannon light and fit, soup broths and my protein shakes, and herbal teas

Does it matter if i drink my protein 3x a day off the bat. The way I have been doing it is starting the morning today with liptop broth soup, and peppermint herbal tea with 1 splenda and some skim milk. I also drink some water

Around 11 I made my protein shake of 40g and just finished it before, now I had another bowl of broth. I am gonna have maybe a tablespoon of pudding later and I will add a little bit of protein powder to it.

I am also drinking water in between as well

My question is does it matter how many times per day I break up my protein drink. It takes me a few hours to finish my 13oz bottle of 40g of protein(i double scoop).

Or maybe does anyone have suggestions. Is maybe 3oz protein "shot" drinks ok 3x a day. rather then doing it all at once.

I know once I start purees I can break my food up into 3x a day to get my protein in. But being I'm out so early I am trying so hard to get all the liquid requirements in even though I can drink liquid with no problem I just feel like there is an aquarium of liquid in my stomach waiting to get out lol
Lady Lithia
on 4/16/11 5:55 am
The protein bullets (in the phallic lookin containers) usually have collagen protein (boiled skins and hooves) adn it's nto very good

If you drink a little protein here or there it's not a big deal, you just don't want to drink it all in one fell swoop.

I usually have a protein shake, then food, then shake, then food... through the day.

My shakes aresingle scoop, with 20 oz liquid though.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

ohioh
on 4/16/11 6:06 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
I think what I do is similar to what Lady does. I drink a shake first thing in the morning (after some water). My shakes have 30 grams of protein in them (maybe a little more...I make them with water and a little skim milk). I use 20 ounces of liquid and drink it over an hour to 2 hours. I eat/drink the rest of the day (making sure I am eating protein first always) and have another shake (made the same way) in the evening. By doing it this way I am getting in plenty of liquids and lots of protein spread out throughout the day.  I hope this helps!  I haven't been told by anyone in particular that this is what I "should" do, but my weight loss has been steady, my labs have been good (I take ALL of my vitamins ALWAYS), and I feel great. So hopefully I am doing things ok.  

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
melissa22886
on 4/16/11 6:08 am
I meant like make my own ones with 3-4oz of water and double scoop my protein making it 40g in my 3-4oz drink. I don't think I will be able to get 3 protein shakes in per day with 8oz of liquid because it takes me a little time to get them down. Mainly because the taste of my protein is bothering me. it's not making me gag or anything but it just makes it harder to get down then plain water or tea. Then finding time to drink some regular water/tea or broth in between would be hard. I will attempt something new tomorrow and see how it works with 3 small ones per day with soups/teas in between
Lady Lithia
on 4/16/11 6:10 am
I couldn't stand the taste becuase of the smell so I drink out of sports bottles now to avoid the smell.... they taste fine without it.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/16/11 6:19 am - OH
Even now you should spread your protein consumption out throughout the day.  That helps keep your metabolism up and keeps your blood sugar more level throughout the day.  It doesn't matter if you mix a scoop of protein with 3 ounces of water or 30 ounces of water... whatever makes it easier to get it down.  (I did the thick (3-ounces of water), fini****in-3-swallows method to use up some of the protein powders I did not like.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ohioh
on 4/16/11 6:33 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
I'm sorry, I misunderstood what you meant   I've done that...mixed up my shakes into 3 or 4 ounces..I did that in the beginning and I've done that when I don't like the flavor (like Lora said).  I bought some samples of nectar protein that I ended up not liking. Those I have gulped down using a few ounces to get them over with..lol.  The ones I like are the ones I mix with 20 ounces so I am getting more liquid..plus I like them thinner, I don't like the thick drinks because they are too filling.  I hope that helps! Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics