weird feeling in morning

melissa22886
on 4/19/11 11:57 pm
in the mornings whenever i drink water after i get up, it goes down ok but once i guess it travels through my stomach a couple seconds later i get this small uncomfortable "gas like" feeling in the middle of my stomach. it lasts for maybe a minute and goes away. i got it this morning also drinking my liquid calcium. however i have NO problems if i'm drinking hot tea or something. i noticed it now yesterday once i drink anything room temperature like water. i had no problems drinking any temperature water ever since the 2nd day of surgery when i could start liquids. i can gulp and drink consistantly hot fluids but room temp like water seems to cause that minor uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. it's not excruciating or anything just wondering what that could be from and if it goes away within time
Lady Lithia
on 4/20/11 12:00 am
Some people have issues with any water.

Some have issues with particular temperatuires

Some get over it

Some do not

I still can't drink more than three ounces of pure water or I vomit.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 12:04 am - TX
I have the exact same feeling in the mornings. I tried to combat it for several weeks because I like to get in all of my sixty ounces of water prior to leaving work; but I gave up. I just drink something minimal (or hot) first thing and then get in the rest of the water after lunch and before bedtime. I am not sure why it feels that way. Protein shakes don't affect me and I make them super cold and drink them first thing in the morning.
skabets112
on 4/20/11 12:17 am
I get like that first thing in the AM. I cannot eat, or drink water before 9. It's odd though, because I can drink coffee fine.

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

Vicki E.
on 4/20/11 1:12 am
I have this same problem first thing in the morning.  I asked my Dr about it and he said that at night the pouch will swell and that is why it is harder to eat or drink in the morning.  After about an hour I can drink with no problems.
 “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be? George Sheehan

nfarris79
on 4/20/11 1:32 am - Germantown, MD
 Yeah, I'm finding hot liquids do me better than room temp. Yesterday I discovered my pouch likes extremes - colder crystal light or hot tea/broth/protein. There's a Billy Joel song playing in my pouch.... 

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

bunnyandbubby
on 4/20/11 2:51 am - Henderson, NV
 LOL... that totally makes my day.  Now the song is in my head... time to pull out my Billy Joel albums!
ANDREA 

HW 290/GW 159 (reached 2/19/11)/CW 142

Most Active
Recent Topics