Those 2 years out or more...Do you still daily drink your protein shakes??

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/11 11:30 am - NJ
I stash the same in my bag, especially those 100 cal packs of almonds.  The bars I like are Power Crunch, they don't have that odd texture and taste, and aren't loaded with sugar alcohol.

What protein mix do you use?  I FINALLY discovered a mix I like - VPX Zero Carb Fat Incinerating Zerotein - excellent stats - 80 cals, 20 g protein; no lactose, carbs, fat or sugar, and it doesn't taste like ass.  Bonus is that you can mix it in 4 oz of anything and it totally disolves.  Also discovered SF coconut milk - 50 cal/cup and that makes a milkshake consistency.  I usually use unsweetened almond milk instead of water.

It may be a bit more pricey, but after 3+ years of experimenting with protein, this is the only one that I have used more than 3 4.4 pound tubs, in a row, without getting sick from it.  It also bakes up nice and doesn't dry out or taste weird (after being baked).

During the day I will eat:

I drink copious amounts of coffee and tea throughout the day.

B:  an egg white (a tablespoon or two raw) with some cheese and 1/2 turkey sausage link or a couple strips of bacon, or a 1/2 of veggie sausage patty, sometimes a 1/4 slice toast too

Mid AM snack - shake

L - 1/2 veggie burger with cheese or some chili or something

Mid PM snack - shake or cheese stick, or both

Dinner - about 1.5 to 2 oz meat, bites of veggies and carbs, and salad sometimes

Snacks at night (1 or two of these sometimes)- popped in coconut oil; greek yogurt with frozen blueberries or cherries or fresh berries, when available and granola; cottage cheese with the berries and granola, cheese stick, apple with peanut butter, spoonful or two of peanut butter, a protein bar (sometimes homemade, I have awesome recipes), bite or two of a cookie, a few M&M's. 

I don't deprive - moderation is key for me.

Mary C.
on 4/22/11 10:17 am - Glovertown, Canada
Nope - not after the first 6 months or so - but 7 days out of 14 I have a 15gm protein bar - those are my work days - never start a shift without one - because heaven knows when I'll get to eat again!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 86 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?