Left a bad taste in your mouth??

jandjlove2010
on 4/22/11 12:29 pm
My mother and I had surgery 3/31/11 and ever since our surgery we wake up with a terrible TERRIBLE taste in our mouths. I mean so bad I run to the bathroom to brush my teeth. At first I thought maybe I'm dehydrated so I made sure to drink lots of water before I went to bed, but the next morning I get up with the same yucky taste. I bush my teeth every night before I go to bed so I just don't understand whats going on. Does anyone else have this problem?? Can we get rid of this taste?? How can we prevent it??
Lady Lithia
on 4/22/11 12:33 pm
It's called Ketosis, it's due to rapid weight loss, it'll pass.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

AddisynsMommy
on 4/22/11 12:47 pm - FL
 It's NASTY!!! It's weird b/c it was really bad for the first few weeks and now it seems for me at least some days no nasty taste others it's BAD Guess I can tell when my bodies burning that weight off!
DeeNadj
on 4/22/11 12:46 pm - Malmstrom AFB, MT

ME TOO! I run STRAIGHT for the bathroom, brush my teeth, and GUZZLE the mouthwash! I need to buy stock in Scope!

Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
jandjlove2010
on 4/22/11 12:53 pm
OMG, I'm so glad we're not the only ones! I thought something was wrong...turns out the bad taste is a good thing? I'll still be running to the bathroom, but the experience is a little more postive now. Thanks!
DeeNadj
on 4/22/11 1:10 pm - Malmstrom AFB, MT
Do ya'll ever get a taste like aspirin in your mouth? Like you've been chewing aspirins? I think this is my "empty stomach" taste, so I go get a drink or start getting ready to eat. Am I close, or is this something I need to be paying a bit more attention to? If I google "aspirin taste in mouth" it comes up with something I SERIOUSLY don't think I have...
Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
skabets112
on 4/22/11 8:43 pm
I had the same thing happen. I bought a tongue scrapper, thinking that's what was causing it...it helped a little, but not completely. It's passed for the most part.

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

rdy2lvlife
on 4/23/11 5:09 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I had surgery on 3/28/11.  I still have that problem.  I feel like gagging every morning.  Sometimes I have a bad taste in my mouth during the day too......glad to know I'm not alone and also very glad to know it passes!!!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 361 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 269 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 193 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics