9 MONTHS OUT-HOPELESSLY STALLED

gal92626
on 5/4/11 11:09 am - Santa Ana, CA

I am 9 months out and have been losing and gaining back the same 4 lbs. for weeks now. In the last 3-4 months, I've only lost about 20 lbs.

Now I can't really complain as my total weight loss so far is 130 lbs. but I still have about 100 lbs to go and am getting frustrated.

I try to eat right and exercise at least 6 days a week for an hour a day. What the heck am I doing wrong??? Is this normal? I feel like I should still be in that "lightning" phase of quick weight loss. Am I wrong?

Thanks everyone!

Gina

WildHeart101
on 5/4/11 11:19 am - Lexington, KY
I stalled for a long time also.  Just keep on going, it'll come off.  My NUT says that if I'm not losing the weight, my body is doing something and to keep going.  You've done wonderful!   Have you tried to up your protein?  Mix your diet up a bit also.  I notice when I really focus on more protein I lose better. 
Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

pajejo
on 5/4/11 11:22 am - Cary, NC
I had surgery about 2 weeks prior to you and am running into the same issue.  I think it is just a stall and it too will pass.  Fortunately, I have hit my goal but I keep hitting that goal then get on the scale the next day and can fluctuate by 6lbs.  I think mine is water retention.  I have only lost about 6lbs in the past 2 months.  Everyone said that you will go under your goal temporarily but I have not seen that and the getting "too thin" thing has not happened here.  I have not followed the diet as stricly as I would like but that is another issue that I need to deal with.  I exercise everyday for at least an hour.  Again the whole stall thing is part of the process, dont get discouraged or you will drive yourself crazy, I am removing the scale so that I dont continuously weigh myself as I have been told that stress/tension makes you retain weight and the scale definately causes stress.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/4/11 11:43 am - OH
I had my longest stall (9 weeks) at about 9 months out.  It is common to stall at about this time.  Unfortunately, the further you get out from surgeyr, the more of your malabsorption you lose, so the weigh loss natuirally slows.  You also weigh less, so just maintaining your current weight takes fewer calories and therefore your daily calorie defficit is less (which also means a slowing of weight loss).

Just hang in there and keep doing all the right things.  The weight loss will start up again (but probably not at the same rate as previously.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Michelle E.
on 5/4/11 12:53 pm
I continue to lose a pound here and there but its harder the closer you get to goal. You may have to change up your workout, add more water, vary your diet a little.

It so very normal.. Your body also needs to balance itself out for a while .. sounds crazy but the same thing happened to me.

Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 297 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views