diet 7up with splenda

rpickens72601
on 5/17/11 6:58 am - MI
I was just wondering have anyone tried the diet 7up with splenda and is this something we can have, i am still early out surgery was 03/22/11 i was 345 day of surgery and is 288 but was wondering if i can have a pop which one would be good for me to drink or just try. the nutritional values for diet 7up with splenda is:

Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size: 8 fl oz (240 mL)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Sodium 30 mg 1%
Total Carb 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 0g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients:
Filtered carbonated water and contains 2% or less of each of the following: natural flavors, citric acid, potassium citrate, potassium benzoate (protects flavor), calcium disodium EDTA (protects flavor), acesulfame potassium, sucralose

nomoresugar
on 5/17/11 7:02 am
Most programs do not allow carbonated beverages. You need to follow your program.
Cheryl Allan
on 5/17/11 7:13 am - Canada
As far as I know or have read you can not have any carbonated beverages, I have heard some people have had it about 4 years out and it causes a lot of pain and gas...I wont be attempting it any time soon lol
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/17/11 7:45 am - OH
Even surgeons like mine, who discourage but permit diet soda... LATER, and in MODERATION... do NOT permit it only 2 months after surgery!

It's not a matter of nutritional info.  It is primarily a matter of the carbonation causing pouch discomfort and potentially causing gas.  (Although depsite what a previous poster said, many poeple drink soda much earlier than 4 years out... like 6 -9 months out... and have NO pain or problems with gas, especially if they pour it over ice to cut the carbonation a bit).  But NOT at 2 months out....

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cheryl Allan
on 5/17/11 8:08 am - Canada
I was just stating that A person who was 4 years out had gas and pain not that she should wait 4 years.........
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/17/11 10:00 am - OH
Ok.  Your post said "some people", so I took that to mean multiple people...

Lora

happyhealing
on 5/17/11 8:28 am
what do you think of the doctors who say that it will blow up your stomach and the scare tactic stories they use?
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/17/11 10:06 am - OH
I personally think that physicians who intentionally use scare tactics like that are 1) being unethical by intentionally giving patients false information, and 2) underestimating/insulting their patient's intelligence (especially since there ARE some compelling, legitimate reasons that we should avoid soda (even if I do still choose to drink it)

I would have walked out on my surgeon if she had tried to tell me crap like that pre-op.

Lora

jenna F.
on 5/17/11 8:35 am
 I wouldn't do it this soon out. I do drink soda but straight out of a bottle or can still hurts if I drink it to fast. Flat soda actually taste decent to me since that is the easiest to drink it.

Carla M.
on 5/17/11 9:09 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
My surgeon's plan allows diet soda. I have had the diet 7up, but I mix it half and half with water to cut down on the carbonation. I don't drink too much soda at all, but on my picky pouch days when I can't stomach a lot, diet 7up and diet gingerale with water and ice are usually what I end up drinking.
Most Active