Why??????

mshelf3
on 6/1/11 5:31 am
SO I am almost 11 months out and I have done basically pretty good. EXCEPT for the last two months. I have only lost about 10 lbs in that time and I keep eating crap. I don't gorge on it but I eat it. I have spoken to my therapist and I know that it is hard to change old habits- but OMG I have changed my entire body's digestive track to make this work!!!!! WHat the hell?????? Today is a celebration at my school and there are tiny cookies everywhere - so I have eaten some. Granted like I said- not the amount I would have but still!!!!! 
I don't know if I am just looking to vent or what - but wanted to get this off my chest!!!!AGH
  HW:398 SW:378 GW:180(DR.) 160(me)

angelework
on 6/1/11 5:35 am
Been there, doin' that :(  Maybe it shouldn't surprise us -- we've done well, things are going along swimmingly, and those bad habits just sort of slip in. And maybe they won't even show up on the scale right away -- which makes them even more dangerous. I don't know what your post will do for you -- but for me it was a hard smack to my head. I've come too far, made too great a commitment, to waste this gift I've been given. Although I've been avoiding it the past month or so, I plan to take a deep breath tomorrow morning, get on the scale, up my water intake, and start taking better care of me.

Good luck to you -- (your post was more helpful to me than you will know!)

Cyndi

steve D.
on 6/1/11 5:44 am - West Fargo, ND
We all come to understand that changing our digestive tract is the smallest part of the picture.  WE need to change the thought process to be successful in the long term.  It is hard, I know.  I struggle every day.  Some days are good some days are not so good.  But don't give up.  Try harder.  You can do it.

Steve

Paul C.
on 6/1/11 5:48 am - Cumming, GA
no need to beat yourself up but remember they did surgery on your GI tract not your brain.  Getting your mind inline with a new lifestyle is going to be much harder than losing weight, but is probably more critical to success.  Also exercise is a key factor.  Truth is that with the right type and amount of exercise small things like this won't matter in the long run because you will burn them off next time you walk into the gym door.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
mshelf3
on 6/1/11 6:07 am
Thank you so much all of you! I needed all of these comments. This website is such an awesome thing!!!!

TXKashmir
on 6/1/11 6:36 am - Grand Prairie, TX
You're at the point where loss is going to slow - it happens to all of us. From your stats, it looks like your surgery DID work - you've done great! Keep in mind that even skinny people will eat a cookie or two once in awhile - congratulations - you are NORMAL!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

mshelf3
on 6/1/11 8:20 am
Thanks. It is just that scary feeling that it will all come back....

Wishmeluck123
on 6/1/11 6:54 am
It is OK......You are only human. When we have WLS - we do not have brain surgery. However, do not let this little moment of poor choices destroy all you have worked so hard for. Tomorrow is a new day....and make it just that. Get back on track and remember what your goal is!
 I had my original sugery in 2001 - and a revision on 4/28/11 and will not make the same poor choices I made the first time. It is all about getting BACK ON TRACK......Which for me was so hard.....just stay positive.  You do not want to be like me 10 years out and have to go back into surgery......to fix the pouch. My pouch stretched due to a mechanical failure as my surgeon put it....BUT I am not blameless. I know what I did to gain the weight....Just glad I nipped it in the bud before all my weight came back. I am still down 70 lbs from my 1st  plus the 25 I just lost. 40-50 more to go and Iwill be so happy!
So again....get on track again now or tomorrow. You are only human....we all make poor choices. I am not even going to call it a mistake. It was a poor choice. We are all allowed to have those every now and then! (((hugs))) Its a new day...tomorrow that is! You can do this!
Melissa~ 

Acceptance means that you can find the serenity within to let go of the past with its mistakes and regrets, move into the future with a new perspective, and appreciate the opportunity to take a second chance!

mshelf3
on 6/1/11 8:21 am
Thank you. I don't want to have to go back either. It really is such a head game isn't it?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?