nsv's and a bit of a revelation!

Carrie W.
on 6/3/11 1:20 pm - KY
Tuesday of this week I went shopping with a friend of mine before our classes.  The largest size the store had was a 22.  I was still wearing my pre-op 26's.  Just out of sheer perversity and the need to punish myself, I tried on the 22's.  AND THEY FIT!  I almost cried!  I ran out of the dressing room and across the store to my friend.  Scared her half to death when I hugged her, I'm not a touchy-feely type person.  She told me later that she didn't recognize me from across the store.  I've lost nearly 65lbs total but I don't see it myself.  Needless to say, I bought the pants!  I refused to take them off.  I made the sales clerk take the tags of with me wearing them.  They're the cutest crops.  I haven't worn a 22 in 12 years.  

I am beginning to feel jiggly.  I noticed my batwings flapping while I was teaching the other night.  That made me a bit self conscious.  I know it's part of it and I wouldn't trade those 65lbs for firm arms!  

And the revelation.....  My mom was so happy for me for fitting into those pants she bought me a orange sorbet push-up.  Get this - I told her that that wasn't a good way to celebrate losing weight!  I'm really close to my mom and my whole family has always celebrated or had rewards of food.  That I spoke up AND DIDN'T EAT IT was a huge thing.  I have to admit to being a bit proud of myself. 

HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Zeigled
on 6/3/11 1:28 pm - Parkton, MD
Congrats!!!

My family is a celebrate with food group too - more like everything with food....be sad with food, glad with food, depressed with food, sick with food, happy with food....

You did the right thing!
Lori W.
on 6/3/11 1:32 pm - Russellville, MO
That is great good for you. You should be proud of yourself. I have a whole box of size 22 pants in my storage shed that a friend  gave me and I plan to wear them someday after I have surgery.
Lori

pamkb
on 6/3/11 2:08 pm - Crestview, FL
WOOT!!!!  the surprise of fitting into smaller sizes hasn't gotten old yet. 

and major KUDOS for you to speaking up for youself and CHOOSING to not eat the reward food. 

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

Carrie W.
on 6/4/11 3:44 am - KY
Thanks!  I told Mom next time she should go with me and buy the pants!  I've got a shopping expedition planned to the Goodwill in about a month.  Maybe 20's will fit then? 

Thanks!

Emma Gayden
on 6/3/11 3:00 pm - Columbiana, AL
You go  girl!

"Living my life likes it's golden"

kelly_hope
on 6/3/11 5:23 pm - Marysville, WA
That's so awesome!!!

I'm a 26 still and the smallest size jeans I have in my closet is 22. I'm excited to try them on soon. I've only worn them once and had to take them off after only an hour or so.

Enjoy your moments of success!
 KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

newtintn
on 6/3/11 6:32 pm - TN
 Youre too cute lol....im the same way...or i was til tonight. TOnight is the 1st time ive been able to look in the mirror and actually SEE the change in me. I was like "wow" lol...And good for you turning down the treat from mom. My dad is always making sweets and trying to push them off on me and im like "no dad, dont want it, dont need it, come too far to do that to myself!" lol...

Carrie W.
on 6/4/11 3:48 am - KY
I don't see it in the mirror at all.  I know I've got to look different just because smaller clothes fit and really, things are sagging way more than they used to.  Even in pics, I don't see it.  

Mom's been really good.  Her excuse for the push-up was that it didn't have nutrition information on it so ......  LOL> 

nfarris79
on 6/3/11 8:38 pm - Germantown, MD
 Congrats on the new size!!! And  proud of you for the new outlook on "treats"!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 7 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views