deleted post...

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/9/11 1:16 pm, edited 6/9/11 2:06 pm
post removed

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

PatXYZ
on 6/9/11 1:34 pm
Is there any particular reason why it would not have sufficed for you to have addressed these messages privately?
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/9/11 1:44 pm
I did. I wanted to post this to do a semi-vent. I see that others post what they want and so did I. I had no clue I did something wrong here by typing what bothered me briefly.
sheesh and goodnight.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

newtintn
on 6/9/11 1:48 pm - TN
 You didnt do anything wrong...everyone posts all SORTS of stuff here so dont sweat it...:)

immafatgirl
on 6/9/11 1:59 pm - KY
theres always a few that say things that are just down right hurtful. those kind of ppl are everywhere, although i do think some things need to be said . but i dont care what anybody says . there are to many good ppl on here to worry about a few cracked unhappy ppl, some like to gang up and that childish . just over-look it... and continue on. someone who can relate will talk to you . the ones who try to hurt your feelings in front of everyone , does not deserve YOUR  time... hope all is well. some ppl, can say things without it sounding so un heartfelt. i do agree with that .. 
SLIMPRGIRL
on 6/9/11 8:31 pm
what you say gurl?      send me note to my email here...in box me  
Amy R.
on 6/9/11 8:43 pm, edited 6/9/11 9:59 pm
Please don't worry about it or get discouraged.  I'm starting to see a lot of this here and it's really ******g  me off.  It seems there are a certain few who are able to post WHATEVER they want and say WHATEVER they want as well.   They are never called out on their many times vitriolic and immature posts.

Then there are the rest of us, who apparently are supposed to  operate under an entirely different set of rules and are slammed if we stray from the protocol which these other folks have chosen for us and we are expected to adhere to.  And it's getting worse.  When you are not one of the "chosen few" it's easy to become discouraged about posting anything - it's much easier to go into lurk mode.  Certainly not very satisfying tho - when you see others posting about all kinds of ridiculous immature drivel.  And then you get the groupies these board members seem to so actively recruit.  It's sad and I am personally getting very, very tired of it.  Tired enough to consider taking a nice long break from OH.  I am not one of the "special" ones and am getting a little impatient with the double standard developing here.

Can you tell you I'm having a tough time today?  REALLY gettin tired of all of *****ing going on around here, and the blatant double standards.  Taking deep breath now.  =)
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/12/11 3:58 am - OH
Wow.  I'm sorry you feel that way.  Maybe it's because I read posts very selectively these days, but I really am not seeing a "double standard"... I'm not sure who the "special ones" are... and the only "groupies" I am aware of are the rabid DSers.  We have ALL had someone take issue with something we have posted or a reply we have made.

If being here is that upsetting, maybe taking a break -- a short one -- would be beneficial.  I do periodically because some of the posts (sometimes just knowing what the content of a post is by it's title even if I don't open it) start to "get to me"... or the complete obsession with "numbers" here really starts to grate on me... and I always feel better once I have had a break.  I think sometimes internet boards can be a lot like families, with lots of miscommunication (or reading something into a post or situation that really was NOT intended), squabbles, jealousy, etc.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Amy R.
on 6/13/11 12:24 am
Actually Lora, I thought I was posting a reply to a thread on the MB.  That is normally where I see this type of stuff/responses, and it gets pretty frustrating watching people pile on someone who asks a question or makes a statement which the responding poster doesn't agree with.

It's nowhere near as bad over here on *our* board - I just got my two windows messed up and thought this thread was  a MB thread.

Having said that, I think I will take a break, maybe just a little one and just lurk a while if anything.  Although I did take into account others' advice about using the block button so may try that for a while first.  I love OH for the most part and get so much out of it that I had to be away too long. I think it's a great tool, especially as you get farther out and I make it a habit at least in the mornings to check on what's up.

Not a huge deal, except I tend to get kind of upset when I see the same group of people ganging up on posters who have unfortunaely and non-intentionally brought up something that makes one of the  "group" or even simply one of the board police uncomfortable.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/13/11 5:26 am - OH
I understand.  I only go to the main board very occasionally because it can turn ugly so quickly.   I'm glad you're not that distressed because of somethign on the RNY board, but I hope you feel better about OH in general.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.