Not loosing? Am I doing something wrong?

toria01
on 6/18/11 8:46 am - Paducah, KY
I am concerned that I am doing something wrong. I am 18 days out and I lost 22 pounds the first week before and the first two weeks after surgery. Now I have weighed the same for a week. I get the 70 grams of protein thru drinking the protein shots. I drink the 64oz. of water and take the vitamins. I only eat what is on the list and try to do it slowly. This is frustrating. I can tell with my clothes that I have lost inches. Is this normal?
lorilea
on 6/18/11 8:57 am - MN
It's TOTALLY normal.  I gained about 20 lbs in the hospital, which took about 10 days to lose after that I lost about 10 lbs and then i didn't lose any weight for about 5 weeks.  It is just your body adjusting to what you've done to it. 

Get used to having stalls, it is part of the process and celebrate what you have lost.  Make sure you are walking and in a couple of weeks you will be cleared for more exercise.  I would try to get some type of exercise regime as soon as your doctor clears you, that will help alot.  Also, start measuring yourself, this helps to see progress in times when you feel like you aren't losing weight. 

Keep it up, you will be fine.

toria01
on 6/19/11 4:53 am - Paducah, KY
Thank you for answering. I'm gald that I'm not doing something wrong. This makes me feel better. I will just keep doing what I'm doing and try not to think about it.

c5felsspirit
on 6/18/11 8:57 am - lake cormorant, MS
Its so so normal to hit the early block.

My NUT told me just the other day to 1. weigh ONLY once a week, early morning, after you void and naked. She said have a family member HIDE that evil scale.

I have read many many posts of people hitting the stall . I had my surgery May 31 and am too in a  stall. I ws told do NOT stress over it.

As long as you are still following the rules and exercising you WILL start loosing again!
Sarah   
Living for the moment. Living for me. Loving the moment. Loving me!!!

toria01
on 6/19/11 5:04 am - Paducah, KY
Hey, Our surgery was a day apart, mine was June 1. We are about in the same weight range, so it's exciting writing with you. I feel better knowing that this is normal. Thanks.

Jeanine J.
on 6/18/11 8:59 am
Yes. I am bout a month out and I am losing inches and not a whole bunch of weight! My surgeon says this in normal. So from now on I am not going by what the "evil" (scale) says and I am going by how my clothes fit  and how I feel. Granted we all do like seeing a smaller number on the scale it can be an obsession! So that is why I don't own one because I don't want to become obsessed by what it says!

What's worth the PRIZE is ALWAYS worth the FIGHT!                
toria01
on 6/19/11 5:08 am - Paducah, KY
Now I agree about the scales. I was getting really depressed weighing. I can tell a difference in my clothes and it's already exciting buying a new outfit a size smaller. It's only the beginning for both of us... that's exciting! Thanks!

Reesheda H.
on 6/18/11 9:36 am - Jackson, MS

Yes get used to the stalls.  I am 6 months out and i have been hovering around 240,239,bk to 241 then 237 this morning I was 236.  I have been pushing protein all day yesterday and the day before.  If all else fails increase your protein and I understand that is hard when you are new post op.  But it does help tremendously.  Stay strong and focused there are more days ahead filled with STALLS.  Just keep doing what you are doing and the body is stubborn.  i read someone's post about the body's memory and stalling around a weight that they had been for along time.  That is true for me I always hover around this weight but once I break the 230's it usually goes a little faster.  Keep your HEAD up!!!!!!1

toria01
on 6/19/11 5:12 am - Paducah, KY
  Congratulations on your weight loss and your words of encouragement. This site is so helpful. I am looking foward to the future. You have done well. Thanks!

ToBeAble
on 6/18/11 9:44 am
Hang in there -- you're doing great!! As others have already said, this is totally normal. These little stalls on the scale can feel frustrating, but just keep doing what you are doing and over time the changes on the scale will come. In the meantime, look how well you are doing at changing your life!

Congrats!

Laura

RNY 7/30/10  SW 302/CW ~150/First Goal 155 (reached 9/2011)
Extended TT & Medial Thigh Lift 7/16/12.  Arms, Butt Lift 2/6/13. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 362 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 80 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?