It's been 6 weeks!

cor p99
on 6/23/11 12:20 pm
It's been 6 weeks since I've seen the scale move...and at 7.5 months out, I'm getting nervous that I'm done losing! I still have 25 lbs to go to reach my goal and would hate to think this is it.  I currently eat about 1000 - 1200 calories a day at eat at least 75 grams of protein a day. I'm following all the rules, eating very little carbs or sugar and drinking lots of water.  Recently I've fallen off the work-out wagon, which I know has probably contributed to my stall.  I've been feeling really discouraged...which has led to a lack of motivation to work out.  Posting this note because I'm in need of some encouragement and truths.... If this is it, this is it. If it is not, I would love to hear from others who have experienced something similar on their journey.... What happened to you and how did you break your stall?

I'm glad that this forum exists and hope you will share your story with me. My husband is very loving but not that encouraging. Frankly, he thinks I've already lost enough weight and is not very empathetic to my situation. I'm down 80lbs and currently a size 10/12, but still feel fat. Is that normal?

sudemo09
on 6/23/11 1:12 pm, edited 6/23/11 1:13 am - Dover, NH
Wow, you have done great!

Honestly, I did not have any long 'stalls'. But it did take me about a year to lose all my weight. So having only 25 lbs left to go at 7.5 months out, seems really reasonable to me.

Have you tried upping your protein and/or calories one or two days a week? Sometimes your body just needs a shakeup to keep moving. Speaking of shaking things up, I know that I would sometimes (maybe every other month or so), do a 2-3 day 'shake for breakfast and lunch' deal, just to make sure I was meeting protein and nutritional requirements. A good shake mix packs a nutritional punch.

Pick back up on the exercise too, you have to move to lose. Maybe you hubby would join you on some walks, that way he can support you in a non verbal way! LOL.

Oh yeah, wanted to add, at a size 8/10, there are still days I feel 'fat'. Not sure that mentality will ever go away. But I kept a pair of 'fat' pants, and since I can fit into one leg of them, it is an instant reality check of how far I have come!

Julie

cor p99
on 6/24/11 12:38 pm
Thanks Julie.
I do need to get my butt moving again, you're right. Thanks for the kind words...I appreciate it!

Best,
Cor
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 500 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 500 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 373 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?