Iron stained my teeth...

Jessica276
on 7/9/11 1:41 pm
Is there anything I can do until I go to the dentist in October? And will the dentist definitely be able to help?

Samantha.M
on 7/9/11 1:50 pm - Germany
 How did they stain your teeth? Were they pills? My clinic has me taking iron pills to bring my iron up before I have surgery. My teeth are bad enough they really don't need to get any worse. 
Proud army wife and mom of 2 ♥       
Jessica276
on 7/9/11 2:04 pm
 Im taking chewable iron supplements. I noticed it a few weeks ago and the dentist said to brush and rinse. But its not always possible. 

poet_kelly
on 7/9/11 2:29 pm - OH
How about switching to pills you swallow?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Michelle E.
on 7/9/11 7:35 pm
Similar thing happened to me after chewing Iron chewables.. I used baking soda then regular whiting toothpaste.. Seems to get them back to normal
apple1975
on 7/9/11 9:05 pm
This may make your teeth sensitive, but my family uses 1 part peroxide to one part mouth wash for our pearly whites;) just swi**** around for a few minutes and spit. It will give you a much whiter and brighter smile.
catgirl76
on 7/9/11 10:26 pm
same thing happened to me. i am 4 weeks out tomorrow and noticed black staining on a few of my teeth, i went yesterday to the dentist and had a cleaning and it all came off. he said it also could be from being dehydrated and my mouth being so dry. The first 2 weeks i would wake up with my mouth soooo dry
rlw99
on 7/10/11 2:05 pm - Oakland, CA
It's purely a cosmetic issue. Brush w/ baking soda once per week to remove it and avoid build up.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 362 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 50 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?