HELP feels like someone sitting on my chest!

Sunshinelvr11
on 7/28/11 5:32 am
I have for the last week or so ..had episodes of gas trapped ...it is at the sternum and under my rib cage. I feel like someone is sitting on my chest. I have been living on gas x tums and pepcid for Days now.....I am wondering if it is from eating salads and fruit lately.   I have no gallbladder so i know its not that!  It was soo bad that it has made me throw up twice and all i threw was gas ( sorry i know its gross).....I am three months out and i feel like its way more of a struggle now than it was when i first got out!  My loss is great..but then again  my hair is a huge loss also!  I feel at witts end over this gas trapped sickly stomache feeling....I take one bite of food and its like someone just stabbed me then filled up my insides with air!

has anyone ever had this happen????????????????
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 5:39 am - Santa Cruz, CA
The only time I've had the "elephant on the chest" feeling was when I've eaten something that has
gotten stuck.

It sounds as if you might be getting a stricture;  are you able to drink liquids?  You might want to talk
to your surgeon about this.

Good luck.
curvaceousdiva
on 7/28/11 5:40 am - Hyattsville, MD
yes ANY time I eat beef, pork or any denser protein I feel like that.  Im 15 months out... I go to my dr the 11th to talk about it as Ive been this way for a while now..
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Sunshinelvr11
on 7/28/11 5:45 am
Hmm would a stricture feel like trapped gas??  I have no trouble with liquids actully have no trouble eating food...its just the after i eat it...that i feel like its all stuck in my chest in fhe form of air!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 489 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 489 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 359 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 79 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?