When can I eat salad?

foundthesun
on 8/2/11 8:47 am - NJ
When did you all start on eating raw veggies? I've found some really great suggestions for salads on various boards for post-wls patients, but I was warned away from anything but cooked veggies when I first got out of the hospital.

When did you all give raw vegetables a chance? Is there any veggies I should definitely stay away from besides the gas-forming ones like broccoli?

How funny it is that I'm more craving the good for you stuff than the bad now! Almost 60 pounds down in a little over two months!

JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 8/2/11 9:06 am
I'm always surprised when everyone asks about this post op. My doc said a salad is pretty much a waste of space in my pouch as I don't want to waste the space the lettuce takes up when protein is more important per meal. I tried salads with meat and cheese on top, but I eat a little chicken, a few bites of grated cheese and the rest of the salad goes to waste. I'm 9 yrs out and I still don't do more than a bite or two of salad, or I can't fit my meal in. I looked up a chef salad once and it has more calories than a hamburger patty with melted cheese and a fraction of the protein grams. (Not that I could eat a chef salad, but the meat and cheese off it).
Jen 9 yrs post op
Vaughn13
on 8/2/11 9:07 am
 I had surgery on 5-25-11 and I've been eating salad for about 4 weeks. No problems!
losing-jennifer
on 8/2/11 10:01 am
I'm 2 months post op and just started eating salads. Supposed to wait until 3 months for my plan but I couldn't wait. I only do butter lettuce and peeled cukes. Goes down well.  I eat them with deli meat or chicken on top with some feta cheese. Makes the protein more interesting.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

nana2boys
on 8/2/11 11:41 am
I can have it at 7 weeks.  I am at 4 now

ladyquenn
on 8/2/11 1:52 pm - WV
My plan says no raw vegis or saads for 6 months, I could not eat them till 8 months, just did last week for the first time. It was only about 1/2 a cup of salad with a bunch of cheese for protein.
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
krislbt41
on 8/3/11 2:52 am - Center Line, MI
I was wondering the same thing too! I love Salads!!! :) and would like to eat my grilled chicken ceasar salad again.  I'm 3 weeks post-op today *Clap, Clap and doing really good!

But to ask you guys who are eating salads, what about the salad dressings?  What are you using and how much of it do you use?  I like Italian, Greek, Ceasar and Blue Cheese dressings.

krislbt41
on 8/3/11 2:55 am - Center Line, MI
Most Active
Recent Topics