4 more days....NERVOUS!!

Nessy2976
on 8/12/11 1:00 am - MD
Well, Wed is the day and I have so many butterflies in my stomach, I wonder, do they take them out?  LOL!!  Actually I am as ready as I can be and this site has been so helpful for me.  I can't wait to be on the losers bench!!!!  To ALL having surgery today...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
wynter57
on 8/12/11 1:04 am - Panama City, FL
I'm not far behind you! I've had butterflies on and off, so I know how you feel!

May your surgery go well and may you have as minimal pain as possible!

God bless you.
Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

hopiej
on 8/12/11 1:10 am - fort knox, KY
I'm not far out either...2 weeks from today! I too already have butterflies and OMG moments and hurry up get here then..wait am I ready..lol Good Luck and Prayers for a speedy and happy recovery! I bet your like the rest of us...cannot wait to be a BIG LOSER!! 
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 2:04 am - RI
Good Luck! You will do great! 
ladyprof
on 8/12/11 2:26 am - Marion, AR
Good luck!  I'm right behind you too...Aug. 29.  We'll all have to be a support to each other in the coming weeks.  I'll be thinking of you next week.

MamaCarrasco
on 8/12/11 2:55 am - Modesto, CA
My date is 8.25.11....I cant wait.....so excited...I'm only nervous about the tube in my throat during surgery....that freaks me out!!
Nessy2976
on 8/12/11 7:16 am - MD
 Thanks all and the tube is in your throat after you are sound asleep!!!  Trust me, you won't even know it!  I have had my gall bladder out the same way, through the belly button, so I am thinking this might be a little like that.  The only difference....my stomach will be  lot smaller!  I am looking forward to the sleeping....cause I am not sleeping so well right now thinking about it!  We can all get to know one another better and become better friends...how AWESOME is that!!!  

My sister is having the sleeve in Oct....we were supposed to do this on the same day, but her surgery was delayed a bit.  This is probably better, I can heal and help her more, as she doesn't have a husband for support. So I will have some great support on the home front as well!!  You all here are awesome and I am looking forward to getting to know you all better 
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
coolcatkimmie
on 8/12/11 1:31 pm - Haughton, LA
I have been so busy trying to get my house in order and get my son off to college, that I am not sure that I have had time to get the full impact of the butterflies yet!  I am sure they are waiting for Monday morning to roll around when the house is quite and everyone is finally settled in their school routine.  I think at this point, my excitement is overshadowing my nervousness.  My final doctor's appointment is on Tuesday and then I am going to a friends house to let her take before pics of me in my bra and panties.  The thought of that much is not very appealing to me, but I want to see the real difference when my one year appointment comes around.  I am going to take ones in my clothes as well, but I figure its just for me and it  will be fun to see the caterpillar turn into a butterfly!  I took all my measurements today, because I had read on a couple of post that people did not take their measurements before surgery and they wish they had, because sometimes when they did not see a difference on the scale, they were still seeing differences in their clothes.  I know from past experiences that when the scale stops moving, it is nice to see the measuring tape move, keeps you encouraged and focused!  I am so looking forward to getting to know everyone that is taking this journey.  One foot in front of the other.... step by step, we can get through this together!
  Kimberly                     Faith makes things possible, not easy!

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 11:57 pm - MD
Yep so close now and I know you will do great, you have a very positive attitude so that will really help you get through it AND you have me for a GREAT Sister lol.......I will be there for you as I know you will be there for me, wish our original plan had worked out but hey this will work too we will still be recuperating pretty much together. Just think we are gonna be BIG LOSERS :-)
Nessy2976
on 8/13/11 2:27 am - MD
 I love that profile pic sis!!!!  BIG losers......LOL....that sounds so FUNNY!!!!!!  Wait until they all get a load of US~~!!!!! hehehehehehehehehe 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 359 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 79 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?