Hmmmm....Cottage Cheese!

Nessy2976
on 8/13/11 7:16 am - MD
 I went to the store today to prepare for my surgery next Wednesday and from reading here I see a lot of you eat Cottage Cheese.  Hmmmmm....in all my 53 years of life I have never even tried cottage cheese because the look of it made me shudder!  I am here today to tell you that I LIKE it!!!  I bought some and thought maybe I should try it now and see if it is even in the running....it is,  That is unless of course after the surgery I don't like. So never again will I not try something just because it looks gross to me.....lol! Can we add cinnamon?
TrueNorthFriend
on 8/13/11 7:24 am - Canada
 Well, I've always loved cottage cheese and never even thought to add cinnamon!  Why the hell not?  I love cottage cheese with hot salsa.
Holly O.
on 8/13/11 7:27 am - FL
Great source of protein too!!  11 g. protein for 1/2 c. great deal!!  Sometimes to boost my protein for the day...up to 80-90 I will eat this for a snack at night before bed!!  Very good!!
   Holly                                      
redneckgirl43
on 8/13/11 8:10 am - Yukon, OK
RNY on 03/07/11 with
Love cottage cheese with fruit. I like to take it and add Tabasco sauce just to taste, salt & pepper with a little shredded cheese on top put in microwave for 30 seconds to melt cheese YUMMY!!! I have always ate it but much more now

RNY revision 3/7/11, Dr. Joya, CW 175, SW 280, HW 302  Lapband placed 1/7/2006 - Lapband removed 1/14/2010;

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 10:39 am
I eat cottage cheese each and every day.  It's the first thing that I eat in the AM. 
Experiment with it and have fun.

I'm sure my concoction will gross everyone out, but I love it so I don't care  :)
I eat cottage cheese, with a few blue cheese crumbles and chili pepper paste.
nana2boys
on 8/13/11 11:11 am
I love mine with either salsa or chopped tomatoes with avocados and dressing

Audi5000
on 8/13/11 11:44 am
Wow - this is one of those posts that I'm so glad to read and yet never knew it was info I might need/want.  I am one who has always loved cottage cheese and hope that I can get back to it after my liquid diet (surgery was 8/9/11).  I never thought about "dressing" it in all these ways!  Thanks!

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days
This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash
Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

myspanisheyes
on 8/13/11 12:37 pm - TX
Have you tried cottage chesse with a hint of hazelnut? I have and it is heavenly!  I use the sugarfree coffee creamer....yum!

MsBatt
on 8/13/11 1:54 pm
Try it with fresh basil, tomatoes, and drizzled with olive oil (a 'good' fat). Yummy!
Deedles
on 8/13/11 11:40 pm - Highlands, TX
I have it twice a day! A half cup with one 'pump' of DaVinci English Toffee SF syrup and a couple of strawberries diced small...YUM! Sometimes I'll sprinkle some chopped almonds over it. Cheap snakc stat-wise and SO healthy for you.
Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 487 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 488 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views