Tomorrow my JP comes OUT!!!!

Nessy2976
on 8/22/11 7:19 pm - MD
 Which also means I am one WEEK POST OP already!!!!!!  Time is flying by and here is a week already.  This is a GREAT place to listen and learn.  I read a lot and it seems most do not have a lot of pain afterwards?  I didn't either, but I am not sleeping. The first two days home I slept, but I am guessing from resting, my body at night is just not in sleep mode? I am looking forward to my first visit to the docs! I was so swollen from fluids when I got home it was hard to believe. My face was swollen and I could see my cheeks...that was annoying :-) I am glad they don't weigh you when you leave!! Still no BM.....praying for one,  Seems now that I am taking in protein I feel a lot more movement...........so maybe  SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Also my blood pressure has dropped.....was very light headed yesterday and checked it....low.  So I will be keeping my eye on that and adjusting my meds. according to my doc. I feel better everday and have been able to sleep on both sides without any problem.  I plan on returning to work next Monday.  

GOOD LUCK TO ALL HAVING SURGERY THIS WEEK!!!!  

"Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
LJ1972
on 8/23/11 12:09 am - FL
Oh mercy, I can't imagine having that JP for a week! The last night I had mine I was in agony. In fact, I think I still have irritation from it. So good on ya for hanging in there with it!
And YAY for the lower BP!

Doesn't seem like a week already, does it? Today is my one week. I also have had no problems (knock on wood) - I came home on Thursday slept on my side that night and my stomach the next. Here's praying and hoping all continues so smoothly and wonderfully.
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 12:02 pm - MD
Yay one week already I know you look forward to getting the drain out, you have done so great and now it will be all down hill well down the scale for you Sis woo hoo CONGRATS
Brazilnut2
on 8/24/11 6:58 am - TN
Bravo!  I had mine taken out Monday, after two weeks post op.  It's not a big deal.  I didn't even feel mine coming out.  You'll feel freer and more "normal" after it's out. 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 487 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 488 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 74 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?