HELP!

Amy_Lou
on 8/23/11 10:36 am, edited 8/24/11 5:04 am - FL
Does anyone know a DRINK that is super high in protein? Preferably one that is about 8 ounces and isn't thick and sweet. I can't tolerate the thick protein [powder] shakes, the syrupy sweet protein shots, or any of the gnarly thick protein beverages. The only ones I haven't tried yet are the Protein Nectars. I'm not meeting my quota!

THANK YOU TO ALL *****SPONDED! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE THIS! I WILL DEFINITELY CONSIDER ALL SUGGESTIONS. I HAVE TRIED IT ALL IN DIFFERENT WAYS; WITH WATER, WITH SOY MILK, ETC... AND NOW I HAVE A FEW MORE THINGS TO TRY. EAS AND NECTARS WILL BE FIRST ON MY LIST. THANKS SO MUCH YOU GUYS! :)

GOD BLESS!

XOXOXOXO

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 
   ;*, ;',*             ;*, ;',*;    

acbbrown
on 8/23/11 10:39 am - Granada Hills, CA
I like the Premier nutrition for a high protein shake - 30g in 11oz. I've been doing 1/2 at a time sometimes.

It's not the best, but it's very thin and doesn't really have that protein taste to it.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

RRRhonda9
on 8/23/11 10:46 am
Have you tried Isopure?  (GNC)  I don't love it, but it's better than those ridiculous shots. (OMG, they are vile!) The Isopure has 40 grams of protein in a bottle.  I know, it's REALLY hard to keep the protein up!
D-J
on 8/23/11 11:00 am
there are other ways to get protien than shakes,,you can try the unflavored protien and put it in your food, puddings or your flavored waters,,there are protien bars,,
BugdocMom
on 8/23/11 11:05 am - CA
I have recently discovered 4EVERfit Protein Blast. I got it at Vitamin Shoppe. I can tolerate it better than the nectar drinks. It calls for a scoop in 8 oz, but I make a big 20 ounce drink with 2 scoops and lots of ice and drink it all morning. Since it's diluted (and very cold), it's easier to drink and I get in losts of fluids. Starts my morning off on the right foot...finally.
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 11:18 am
I'm with D-J!! Get unflavored protein powder - Unjury makes one that I know of just off hand... with that you can make anything you want a super high protein drink!  Actually I've been feeling like you and am getting tired of everything being sweet...I could add it to my coffee as long as the coffee isn't too hot, or my unsweetened iced tea, put it in anything, soup, salad dressing, omg...I'm getting good ideas tonight!  Have fun!
poet_kelly
on 8/23/11 11:51 am - OH
Don't bother with those shots, they are mostly collagen protein and we can't absorb that.

If you want a thin protein drink, you might like Cytosport or Isopure.  Those are sort of like, I don't know, Gatorade maybe.  You might like Syntrax Nectar.  They are powders but are more like Crystal Light than a shake.  They have flavors like lemonade and tea.

However, when you say you can't tolerate the powder shakes, how many different ones did you try?  How did you mix them?  In milk, water?  In the blender with ice?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/23/11 12:16 pm - OH
The Isospure smoothies (available in 3 flavors) are a little pricey, but are not thick or overly sweet.  Vitamin Shoppe carries them.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

shellbell75
on 8/23/11 12:42 pm
Tonight, I used unflavored Isopure, 8oz skim milk, a single serving of decaf instant coffee and 1 packet of truvia. Thin, not sweet (very mildly sweet). I like the unflavored Isopure. I've put in puddings, soups and all that fun stuff.

Personally, I think the Nectars are yucky but I know a lot of people really like them. I ordered a sample pack. I think I have only used 3. LOL
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Sabrina J.
on 8/25/11 4:28 am - Sacramento, CA

I agree with Shelly regarding the Nectars - or at least for the Fuzzy Naval flavor (the only one I've tried).  I made the mistake of buying a huge jar of the stuff on Amazon, basing my purchase only on reviews.  It's disgusting, vile stuff. 

~ Sabrina J.        
Most Active
Recent Topics