x-post can't eat OR drink!

Patti Johnson
on 8/25/11 10:26 pm - Mooers, NY

Has anyone had an ulcer in  the stomach that was left?  I have constant pain in the upper left quadrant that is worse when I eat or drink anything.Had my gallbladder out 7/3 (RNY was 6/2). Had some adhesion fixed on 8/7 and a hollow where the intestines had moved to. Pain is not letting up, it's getting worse. I am now on protonix & carafate, but doesn't seem to make a difference. If  protonix doesn't work by 9/21 Dr. Hill said he will have to go into the remnant stomach to see if there are any ulcers. He can tell me a 100 ideas of what it's not, he just can't tell me what it is. He also said that I am the 4th person out of thousands of his patients that has these problems. I'v had Ct scans, ex-rays, Upper GI, ultrasound, & exploratory surgery. It's gettin pretty frustrating!

Patti Surgery date June 2,2011
BW -242 SW-219 CW-204 Goal - 120            
Kristina41
on 8/25/11 11:31 pm
RNY on 06/26/12
Hello - I am sorry for what is going on. And, unfortunately, I don't have any advice except perhaps to ask for a second opinion?
My surgeon will be Dr. Hill as well, although I have Dr. Hixson's name under my avatar. I have heard nothing but good things about the office, which - I know - doesn't help your state. Does Dr. Hill suggest doing more tests or treatments?? If you are in so much discomfort and pain, he should suggest something!
Perhaps the vets here will have something more helpful to add. I'll say some prayers for you....
btw - I used to live in Plattsburgh, so I know where Mooers is!
Kristina

Patti Johnson
on 8/26/11 12:26 am - Mooers, NY
Dr. Hill is Great ! He's trying to do everything possible. I'm just one of the extremely few that this happens to. I told him it was getting old and he said it's going to get older but he won't quit until he figures out what is going on. Dr.Hhill isn't the kind of Doctor to just blow you off thank God, or i'd be in a world of S#@& !
  Patti Surgery date June 2,2011
BW -242 SW-219 CW-204 Goal - 120            
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 12:53 am - Boston, MA
 so sorry you're in pain.. it sounds like you have a great doctor, I've heard some horror stories about doctors so you are lucky.  I hope you figure out what it is soon.  Good luck
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 362 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 50 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?