Question about flying after surgery.

talula216
on 9/24/11 5:18 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
I am a pre-op but was wondering if there is a wait time to fly after surgery.  My surgery could be sometime between the end of December or the beginning of January,  I am planning a vacation for the middle of march.  We could drive but would prefer to fly,

Thank you

Talula
Starting weight 369

AnneGG
on 9/24/11 5:35 am
You should have no problem flying by then.

I was flying within a month of surgery. I travel frequently, both nationally and internationally, with several trips including one to Antarctica since surgery.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

janet2921
on 9/24/11 5:57 am - Chicago, IL
I had my surgery in December 2008 and flew to fabulous Las Vegas in February 2009.  No problems encountered!

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

heatherambrosia
on 9/24/11 6:49 am - GA
I had my surgery on 7/21 and flew for work on 8/9... no problems! Just be sure to have your protein to mix because there is NOTHING in an airport that is wls friendly ... at least that early out.

Have fun!!

SW 343, Current below, Goal 160 & to start a family!11978920
Eliza55
on 9/24/11 9:14 am - PA
I have a business trip coming up in October, and I'm looking forward to the NSV of being able to fit comfortably in an economy airline seat.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

chicuelagirl
on 9/24/11 10:15 pm
Ask your surgeon. Mine will not allow me to fly or go out of town until about 3 months after surgery. Why? If I have a complication she wants me to e close by.
Most Active
Recent Topics