WLS friendly finds at Walmart!

ktharp89
on 9/28/11 5:16 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 Just got back from Walmart to pick up some more of the AMAZING BLUE DIAMOND BUTTER TOFFEE ALMONDS and I got some beef jerky too. If I had some more money I would have gotten a lot of stuff that I found that I wanted to share. So go check out the walmart grocery aisle!

As I said...blue diamond butter toffee almonds. 5 g of protein for an oz, not much sugar, and they are heavenly! They also have a good selection of different nuts. Spicy, cocoa, honey roasted, smoked, and good prices!

Cheap beef jerky that is great tasting and so much more affordable than jacks.

Skinny cow Dreamy Clusters and Heavenly crisps. These are honestly too heavenly for me. I can't keep them in the house. The heavenly crips are like kit kats and the dreamy clusters are like chocolate covered pretzels. They are low in calories and sugar and good if you want a sweet treat. But I can't really have them in the house.

Hungry Girl Wraps - These look AWESOME! AWESOME stats and they actually look tasty. They were 3 dollars for a big pack of them. I want to try these! They have 90 calories, 2.5 g of fat, 15 g carbs, and 7 g of protein (varies slightly depending on the flavor). Has anyone tried these??
http://www.flatoutbread.com/

Sugar free da vinci syrups for 3 dollars! They aren't the big ones. Maybe half the size of the normal big bottles but they had hazlenut, vanilla, and almond. Its good to see if you like them or not without paying a lot and the size of them is actually pretty good!

Let me know if you've tried any of these things or have anything toadd!
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

LaToya S.
on 9/28/11 5:26 am - Edwardsville, IL
Thanks for sharing. I will have to check out our local Wal-Mart and see if we have any of these items.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

poet_kelly
on 9/28/11 6:40 am - OH
On September 28, 2011 at 12:16 PM Pacific Time, ktharp89 wrote:
 Just got back from Walmart to pick up some more of the AMAZING BLUE DIAMOND BUTTER TOFFEE ALMONDS and I got some beef jerky too. If I had some more money I would have gotten a lot of stuff that I found that I wanted to share. So go check out the walmart grocery aisle!

As I said...blue diamond butter toffee almonds. 5 g of protein for an oz, not much sugar, and they are heavenly! They also have a good selection of different nuts. Spicy, cocoa, honey roasted, smoked, and good prices!

Cheap beef jerky that is great tasting and so much more affordable than jacks.

Skinny cow Dreamy Clusters and Heavenly crisps. These are honestly too heavenly for me. I can't keep them in the house. The heavenly crips are like kit kats and the dreamy clusters are like chocolate covered pretzels. They are low in calories and sugar and good if you want a sweet treat. But I can't really have them in the house.

Hungry Girl Wraps - These look AWESOME! AWESOME stats and they actually look tasty. They were 3 dollars for a big pack of them. I want to try these! They have 90 calories, 2.5 g of fat, 15 g carbs, and 7 g of protein (varies slightly depending on the flavor). Has anyone tried these??
http://www.flatoutbread.com/

Sugar free da vinci syrups for 3 dollars! They aren't the big ones. Maybe half the size of the normal big bottles but they had hazlenut, vanilla, and almond. Its good to see if you like them or not without paying a lot and the size of them is actually pretty good!

Let me know if you've tried any of these things or have anything toadd!
I'm gonna have to go to look for some of the sugar free syrups in smaller bottles.  At Meijer and Kroger, the two places I normally shop, they only have big bottles. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

wisaluv
on 9/28/11 6:47 am - Pueblo, CO
I found those sugar free syrups at Gordmans if anyone has one of those near them.  The smaller bottle was $2

Loveshinesthru
on 9/28/11 9:38 am - Mesa, AZ
 Where did you find the syrups at? we have a super walmart here and I searched everywhere I could think of for them and no luck. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Kelly S.
on 9/28/11 10:05 am - MA
 I've tried the light original flatout bread and the multigrain.  I haven't seen the "hungry girl" version, just plain Flatout.  It's good. On the packaging they show it used for pizza crust, but I tried that (pre-op) and it was soggy and gross. But it's yummy for sandwiches. I only eat half and it's PLENTY.

As for the syrups was Super Walmart:  My store freakin' hides them! I'm about to talk to the manager about it.  When I can find them, hey are in the bread aisle, opposite the bread, very bottom shelf at the very end of the aisle, after the coffee products.  The reason this annoys me is that it's only the SF syrups that are down there. The regular flavor syrups are on the top shelf near the coffee/chocolate syrups.  Our selection kind of stinks too - they're often sold out (which tells me that people are buying them!) so I think they need to stock more.

Anyway, hope that helps ;)

AWyldfire
on 9/28/11 11:49 am - OH
They are right beside the coffee creamers in the coffee isle @ Wal Mart
cheermonkeysmom
on 9/28/11 10:44 am - Smithsburg, MD
I found SF White Chocolate and SF Kahlua syrup in my Wal Mart coffee aisle. They are delicious. My local Wal Mart carries quite a few SF syrups. I have bought vanilla, raspberry, hazelnut. All have been great. I have been on this kick lately making an iced coffee every morning. It's better than getting a coffee at Sheetz. We use the flatout bread as well, love it, but can't eat a whole wrap. My hubby and I usually share a wrap since it is way too much for me to eat.

I have seen the Skinny Cow items. Haven't tried them though, too afraid that I will buy them and then not be able to stop eating them. So I will avoid those for right now. I love beef jerky but haven't tried that since surgery. I guess I am afraid that the jerky will be too dry to eat.

Sounds like you may have found a few items to help you out. If you find anything else, please post. I am always looking for friendly foods.
 Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

Loveshinesthru
on 9/28/11 11:59 am - Mesa, AZ
 Yeah I looked in the coffee aisle and even asked an employee. I dont think they carry them at my local walmart :(

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Samantha L.
on 9/28/11 12:57 pm - Petaluma, CA
I got the Hungry Girl wraps.. they are BOMB!!!  I got the rosmary ones.  YUM!!   They make good sandwiches, pizza crust, and one time I just put some butter flavored spray and some garlic on one half, toasted it and it made YUMMY garlic bread.  Mmmm...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 349 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 328 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 280 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 346 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 280 views