Is there a low sugar canned baked beans?

ktharp89
on 9/28/11 12:38 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
 I love baked beans and had some Bush's original tonight but I don't like the sugar amount. Does anyone know of a lower sugar one?This had 12 grams in a serving which is 1/2 cup.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

flyingwoman
on 9/28/11 1:31 pm
 I'm interested to know too... I haven't had baked beans in years, but have had a nagging craving for them for the last few months.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Bucketta
on 9/28/11 1:36 pm
 Make your own.  I do,  I use a can of Pork-n-Beans, drained, add sugar free ketchup to your liking, some like them dry and some don't.  Add some bacon bits, if you like them, add onion, a tsp of dried mustard, and Splenda brown sugar blend, but remember it is half real sugar so go light on it.  I once measured everything and figured out the stats, and what I used was OK for me, but may not be for everyone.  They are much better than canned beans and so easy to make.  Oh, bake them for 30 minutes, covered with foil.  Or can  cook in microwave. 

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

hlacy
on 9/28/11 3:23 pm - Chandler, AZ
I've been thinking about doing the same thing, as I can't find any, either. I used to love Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans pre-op, but they are too high in carbs :(
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

animal02
on 9/29/11 5:31 am

when making your own from cooked navy beans or pork-n-beans you can also substitue sugar free syrup in place of the brown sugar for a lower sugar count..   It works out well and my guests have enjoyed them.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 279 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 347 views