What is for dinner tonight???

ktharp89
on 9/30/11 9:29 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 Right now I'm eating such a yummy meal. I would love to know what everyone else is having tonight! I am having dreamfields pasta (tasty) with ground sausage and classico vodka sauce!
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Debra P.
on 9/30/11 9:34 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
  Turkey Chili ... mmm, mmm

poet_kelly
on 9/30/11 9:46 am - OH
Tonight was use-up-food-that's-been-around-here-a-while-so-you-don't-have-to-go-to-the-grocery-store-until-you-get-paid night at my house.  Um, so is tomorrow night.  Pay day isn't until Monday.

So dinner tonight was frozen veggies in some sort of butter sauce mixed with diced Morningstar Farms chick'n patties and rice, with canned pinapple on the side.  Tomorrow night is canned vegetable soup with pinto beans added to it, with cornbread on the side.  I don't know what Sunday night will be.  Pancakes, maybe, with the leftover pineapple from tonight on the side?  I wonder how much protein powder I could add to the pancake mix?

Your meal sounds better than mine!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ktharp89
on 9/30/11 9:53 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 What mix do you use to make pancakes? And what kind of syrup?? Also is it possible to cook protein powder? I thought it doesn't work if you do.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

poet_kelly
on 9/30/11 9:57 am - OH
If I buy something to make pancakes, I usually get Bisquick.  I think I've only made pancakes once since my RNY, though.  I have no Bisquick at the moment.  I dunno what brand of pancake mix I have, some off brand that came from the food pantry back when my nephew was still living here.  I think it's one I just have to add water to.

I have some sort of sugar free syrup, although I probably should check the expiration date before I make the pancakes.  It's probably been in the fridge for a while.  It would suck to have a whole plate of pancakes only to realize that my syrup expired a year ago!

You can bake with protein powder.  Nik's website has lots of recipes for baking stuff with it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

missjann
on 9/30/11 10:16 am
Bisquick Heart Healthy is pretty good stuff. I've used it for pancakes and
waffles (add eggs for waffle mix). Several brands have their sugar-free
butter syrup flavor- in most grocery stores.

Occasionally at work I have had a fruit-upside-down cake for lunch.
You use 1/3 cup Bisquick, add an egg, (also protein powder if you want more protein)
and no sugar applesauce.
 Microwave in a bowl. It rises and makes a bundt cake looking thing
right in the bowl. Then you can top it with syrup, or fruit (I microwave
blueberries or mixed berries until they're juicy and I pour them
over the cake) and top with sf cool whip.  Delish and healthy.

Or, you can just make pancake batter too.
    Jan

FLJeepGirl
on 9/30/11 9:49 am
Some sort of leftovers from earlier this week...I haven't gone to the fridge to investigate what might still be edible...I need to get to crackin though - getting later - I don't like to eat afer 7
                      Leslie
       Lap-Band 4.11.08                                     RNY Revision 8.1.11
       HW 276/ SW 259/ LW 219                       HW 283/ CW 218

missjann
on 9/30/11 10:08 am
Taco salad tonight but tomorrow I'm feeling the need for baked mediterranean salmon! YUM!
    Jan

Godgaveus2
on 9/30/11 10:10 am - WI
I am on still preop but eating and thinking as if I were postop. I just cut up some Johnsonville chichen sausages put some spaghetti sauce on top and melted mozz cheese on top. I then added a little parmesan on top when it was done. Delicious!!
jenysez1
on 9/30/11 11:25 am - LA
had some boiled shrimp and they were yummmmm

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 353 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 332 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 286 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 349 views