Pain - how long?

pattymac65
on 10/29/11 12:53 pm
I know everyone is different... but how long were you in pain after your surgery?  It's been 11 days for me and its still tough to get in and out of a chair, and still taking Lortab.  Always thought I had a high tolerance for pain.... but this hurts!

Also, my doctor does something I think is kind of unique.  The thing they use to size your pouch he removes thru your side so you have an open wound you have to pack and dress for like a month. This isn't where the drainage tube was... this is something else.  Anyone else have that?

Thanks... these forums are a lifesaver and you guys are all awesome!!
Zeigled
on 10/29/11 1:23 pm - Parkton, MD
I was in pain for a week to 10 days and I had open surgery rather than laproscopic.  I've not heard of that type of surgery though.  Maybe he's near a nerve.
HW 357 SW 341   

waitingtoexhale69
on 10/29/11 2:45 pm - IL
I too was in excruciating pain and finding a spot of comfort was the high light of the evening  The loratb was sicking to me because it contained alcohol.  Which I do not drink at all, the mere smell of alcohol makes me want to vomit.  Sorry!  And yes i had that wound packing as well i had to do it myselfi did not find out about this til a week before surgery.  Was i EVER PISSED OFF.  Although i have had patients with open wounds nothing could ever compare to this.  I did do the packing for the first week then after that .... i better not say.. But everything turned out good with no infection.  take care of yourself if you need more help don't hesitate to blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404