infertility AFTER wls

shiney320
on 11/8/11 3:06 pm - Lemoore, CA
I had my daughter 2 years ago with no problems, got pregnant right away. I am now 16mths post-op and I went off my BC in hopes of becoming pregnant, I haven't had a period in 2mths (not pregnant). I talked to my doctor and I got the clinical diagnosis of PCOS. 

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

HW/SW/CW/GW
310/282/168/133
EnviousOfAngels
on 11/8/11 3:54 pm
Ugh I feel your pain! PCOS sucks. I had it before wls and Im hoping to get some relief from i****he RNY. Really watch your simple carbs.

seashell6417
on 11/8/11 8:30 pm - Gaylord, MN
I also have PCOS but fought my infertility battle before WLS.  Find a good endocrinologist who specializes in infertility.  With the help of an amazing endo, lots of drugs and tons of patience I was able to conceive.  Our first took a year of treatment with medications and the second took just one month.
Tami

krislbt41
on 11/8/11 11:04 pm - Center Line, MI
I'm four months post-op and even though I've lost 82 lbs my period still didn't become regular after the surgery.  When I was heavier I would go months...like 6 months without a period.  Now my surgery was in July, I had a period a week after that.  My next one didn't come till October! I told my husband before my surgery that even though I would have lost the weight doesn't mean I'll be fertile.  I was diagnosed with PCOS years ago and I know I still have it.

I thought at least if I lost almost 100 lbs that my fertility would come, but it hasn't happened.  I just put it in God's hands...if it's meant to be then it will happen.  But if it don't happen soon, I'll really be to old to have a baby...I'm 42 now.

shellbell75
on 11/9/11 12:41 am
I have PCOS and tried for 4 years and needed fertility drugs to conceive my ds, but then had my twins naturally. I worked in nursing at in OB/gyn clinic before the twins. You most likely had PCOS before WLS and was never diagnosed. The dr.s did not consider someone "infertile" until after a year of trying. The PP was correct in limiting your simple carbs. While it is frustrating, it may take more than 2 months to conceive whether you have PCOS or not. Despite having gotten pregnant right away the last time. I was not diagnosed with PCOS until after 3 1/2 years of trying. I got pregnant on my first round of Clomid and Metformin. It is not impossible to get pregnant with PCOS without the aid of fertility drugs, it happens all the time. (((hugs))) and try to keep your head up. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. 
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Kady
on 11/9/11 1:59 am - Lancaster County, PA
I agree with Tami, find a good reproductive endocrinologist.  How did your doc diagnose PCOS?  Bloodwork, ultrasounds, both?  Does he have a plan to help you get pregnant?

It also takes time for hormones to regulate after stopping birth control.  I think things are promising for you though because you have been able to achieve pregnancy in the past.

I know how frustrating it is to deal with infertility.  I have had pcos for 10 years and my husband and I did all kinds of fertility treatments (oral and injectible drugs, 7 intrauterine inseminations, 2 dye tests to "flush" out my tubes, laparoscopic surgery).  I would love nothing more than to get pregnant in a year or or two, but after all of the failures I have had with fertility treatments, I am not holding my breath.

I hope you can find a great RE to help you achieve pregnancy.  Best of luck :-)

Cherylkas
on 11/9/11 2:24 am - PA
 I never had PCOS but I suffered from secondary infertility. I had 3 sons just by looking at hubby the right way. Took me over 4 yrs and an IUI to have my daughter. Find a good IF doc and have them help you. But like  PP said they may not help until you have tried for a yr. And it usually takes more then 2 months off of BC to get regular again. 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 362 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 80 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?