Myotomy after gastric bypass

caribbean_girl
on 11/17/11 10:59 pm
Hello all,

I was wondering if someone out there is familiar with a good bariatric doctor that performs Heller myotomy for the treatment of achalasia after gastric bypass. I really hope someone in the OH universe has heard of this dilemma.

Reason: I just had to have food pumped out of my esopahgus that was sitting there for at least a week. I really thought it was a stricture but thank God it wasn't. I was vominting everything for about 2 days, even water, argh.....The GI doctor said that because of my achalasia, the food got stuck before entering my stomach. I had a food infection and gastritis. I'm now on liquids again and afraid to eat anything except soft foods and I'm almost 2 months post op.

Any recommendations or info will be greatly appreciated.

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/11 11:01 pm - Boston, MA
 that sounds awful, I'm so sorry you are going through that.. I don't have any advice or experience but just wanted you to know I was wishing you well.
Eliza55
on 11/18/11 2:12 am - PA
I am 3.5 months out, and still on soft foods.  I have trouble with many soft foods.  My doc said to just stay with primarily liquids, and keep working on the soft foods.  I'm learning patience.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

LovableLynn
on 11/18/11 10:02 pm - Qatar
I know it is hard to see Dr. Gagner here since we had surgery with him but why don't you email him and ask him. I am sure he will be able to direct you in the right direction.

I am really sorry you are facing this.

I keep you in my prayers

HW 175 KG (385 lbs) - then banded in 2008 - DS journey HW 146 KG (322 lbs)

CW 81 KG (179 lbs) - GW 79.5 KG (175 lbs)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 489 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 489 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 359 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 78 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?