Insomnia and depression

FLJeepGirl
on 11/24/11 7:16 am
I too had sleeping issues for about two months post-op.  I've had horrible mood swings the last couple of months and I know it is because of hormone fluctuatous - and am hoping they get better soon.  As for the sleep - I've found taking a hot (soaking) bath about 45 minutes before I go to bed helps.  As your body tempature drops it takes more energy to cool and helps you fall to sleep.  I started sleeping with a fan on at night (not on me but for the noise), mainly because my dog loves to bark at flies and bugs in the yard - really any excuse at all hours and doesn't stop...it helps drown him out some so I can sleep.  Both have really helped (the fan and the baths) in the last couple of months.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!
                      Leslie
       Lap-Band 4.11.08                                     RNY Revision 8.1.11
       HW 276/ SW 259/ LW 219                       HW 283/ CW 218

tanya_valintino
on 11/24/11 12:25 pm - CA
 Everyone keeps telling it's just my hormones and it will get better. I hope so. LOL. 
NANCY C.
on 11/24/11 10:55 am - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
I have been taking Ambien for some time to sleep and now I wake up 3 or 4 times each night.  My dr. said this is normal and everyone does this but most don't realize they are waking up.  My problem is I am a clock watcher.  I look at the clock and think oh no I have to get up in 2 hrs etc.  He suggested I take the melatonin (over the counter) and the warm bath to relax about 30 minutes before I go to bed.  It helps to relax me and I fall asleep sooner.

Good Luck to you. 

HW  313   SW  285   Goal 155

tanya_valintino
on 11/24/11 12:19 pm - CA
I'm a clock watcher to. Once I wake up I look to see what time it is. I'll check out some melatonin tomorrow. Hopefully it gets better over time. Thank you 
_Donna_
on 11/24/11 11:07 am
I think I cried non stop through weeks 3-6.  My doctor said it was hormonal due to rapid weight loss and it would pass. He was right.  Insomnia can also be hormone related.
Hang in there

RNY 5-5-2011

tanya_valintino
on 11/24/11 12:20 pm - CA
 Thank you Donna. Did you ever have regrets like you made the wrong decision? 
_Donna_
on 11/24/11 4:58 pm
I have on several occasions in the past 6 months. But overall, I know the hurdles we are overcoming now will only be temporary and it's the big overall picture that counts.

RNY 5-5-2011

tanya_valintino
on 11/24/11 8:25 pm - CA
 Thank you. That is a great way to put it. I'm just feeling alone right now and I never felt that was in my life. I never felt depressed or had insomnia either. I woke up 4am this morning. 
Terri Ott Norris
on 11/25/11 8:57 am - Livermore, CA
RNY on 07/18/17

Tanya-

There are support groups in this area.  I am in Livermore, 3rd Tuesday of every Month.  You are welcome to come with me in Dec, but I know there are really good ones in Fremont-in the Niles Bldg where Dr. Dutta is. 

Hang in there-you are on your way.  LOTS of changes in our bodies as we do this-PATIENCE....

If you were like so many of us-if you DID NOT  do the surgery you would have certainly had a very hard, sickly life in the future.  Call the center, I go there, tell them your symptons, especially the depression, it is possible you can get something that will help with that AND the sleeping issue.

Let me know if you want to come to the support meeting with me here in Livermore.

Have a Blessed Day....

BLOG: www.sweattodaysmiletomorrowcom.wordpress.com

tanya_valintino
on 11/25/11 8:29 pm - CA
 Thank you Terri. Where is the support group in Livermore and what time?
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 495 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 366 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 80 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?