The Bomb! (tmi)

iowa_missie74
on 11/27/11 11:30 pm - IA
I have never in my life had problems with constipation...until now. Since the day of surgery, I have been constipated from time to time, but these last couple of weeks have been the worst. In the last 2 days I have taken 3 laxitives and yesterday, 2 doses of Mirilax. My sister is a nurse and today said when her patients are constipated they create a mixture they call the bomb. Supposedly after one hour of drinking this, you feel an "explosion" I can't wait! Lol. I drank this about 9am. It was 2 ounces of 100% prune juice, warmed and then add 2 tbsp of Milk of Magnesia. As disgusting as it was, it better help. I think what is constipating me so badly is the calcium chews I started taking because the pills are too big for me to swallow, even if I break them in half. I got the chews from Bariatric Advantage. Anyone have any ideas or something they do to avoid constipation? I would greatly appreciate the help! If this doesn't help, I may have to get something to eat from McDonalds...as much as I don't want to, this sometimes does the trick, lol.

emt_amy
on 11/27/11 11:51 pm - MN
I used to eat those chews but never had a problem. Now I just take citrical petites. Sorry I can't help ya. Maybe an enema?( not trying to be funny at all)

_Donna_
on 11/27/11 11:55 pm
Good luck
The best stick of dynamite out there is Dulcolax suppositories. I guarantee you will be going in less than 30 minutes.

RNY 5-5-2011

NANCY C.
on 11/28/11 12:11 am - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
 I had the same problem.  Dulcolax suppositories were the answer for me.  I still have an ongoing problem with constiipation.  Walking more seems to help the most.  I tend to sit too much.

HW  313   SW  285   Goal 155

Dave Chambers
on 11/28/11 1:07 am - Mira Loma, CA
Constipation can be an issue for post ops, either temporary or long range. My surgeon says the each patient needs to "find their own formula that works for them". Each patient is different. Dulcolax, generic colace, warm prune juice, eating several prunes daily, Mirilax, walking are some of the several options.  Each patient is different and constipation issues vary with patients. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

iowa_missie74
on 11/28/11 1:09 am - IA
Thanks for the advice all...I may be making another trip to Walmart...I swear I keep their stock up all by myself, lol. Citrical petites? Did you find those anywhere in particular? Maybe I could give them a shot.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 225 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 293 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 317 views