can't seem to get back on track!

Nicole T.
on 12/2/11 12:35 am
for the last couple months i have been eating like there is no tomorrow plus drinking alcohol. i've gained 15 lbs back! i try to stop and have all these good intentions then the next day i'm doing it again. i don't really know what to do. can someone slap some sense into me please? thanks

i know i am the only one who can change this. i just need to vent. i don't need advice really, maybe just people saying they understand? i don't know 'sigh'
Laura in Texas
on 12/2/11 12:38 am
Are you on myfitnesspal or another site like that? I like MFP.

You can do it. Stop NOW before you do some real damage!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/2/11 12:42 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey Nicole! Instead of thinking of it in terms of a day (one day at a time) you, like me, might need to break that down a little. Sometimes for me it's hour by hour and even minute by minute. Sometimes I struggle very hard to avoid bad decisions. The urges are so powerful!

Hang in there and PM me if you ever need to talk or vent.
Nicole T.
on 12/2/11 1:06 am
sorry you are also struggling with that. i wish i had the results some have after surgery where they don't desire to eat. why didn't we get THAT surgery LOL
steve D.
on 12/2/11 12:42 am - West Fargo, ND
Okay Nicole,

Why don't you join Kelly and I in tracking or food for a week.  We are going to share each day so we can make sure we either stay on or get back on track ( I am the latter also).

Sometimes we just have to do things together.

Steve

Michelle V.
on 12/2/11 12:47 am - Livonia, MI
It might help to join TOPS or overeaters anon or see a counselor.

It is my biggest fear after surgery that I will still have the urge to consume horrible stuff in great quantities. If I see a setback in my progress, I will definitely try to get some help from a counselor or psych.

hedrider
on 12/2/11 12:54 am - Midlothian, TX
I hear you!  I am battling the carb demons myself and find myself gravitating to the fridge and pantry more and more in anticipation of eating something.  I struggle.  I have to physically stop myself from doing it, and I'm not always successful  It's a complete and total mental battle and we just need to re-reprogram our minds again.

I so completely understand!  Let's do this all together.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Nicole T.
on 12/2/11 1:05 am
thank you guys. i am going to write down everything i am eating. hopefully that will help. i also need to stop drinking. i hate that this has so much power over me. I have used livestrong before. i like that site so i might just log into that.
Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/2/11 1:16 am - Baltimore, MD
I'm on LiveStrong. Friend me! I'm nmassie. :)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Kim S.
on 12/2/11 1:16 am - Helena, AL
If you feel the drinking is out of control, please see someone.  Many people suffer from transfer addictions.  You are brave to put it out there, we are here for you.

Kim

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?