Stuck after thee weeks

westwoodbob
on 12/25/11 10:05 am - Olympia, WA
I have been stuck for the past week. I have followed the rules 100% and been getting plenty of exercise. My surgery was on Nov 30th. I lost 30# prir to surgry and 21# sinse, but nothing in past week. Any suggestions?

BBall58
on 12/25/11 10:24 am - MD
Welcome to the dreaded 3 week stall.  It happends to most of us.  After of 2 of the longest weeks in my life I started to lose weight again.   You will be fine.  You will start to lose weight again soon.  
StephanieRN
on 12/25/11 10:41 am - IN
I too had a three week out stall.  VERY normal.  My stalls were at 3 weeks, around 6 weeks, 3 months, and now 5 months.  Everyone is different but it's usually just your body adjusting to the rapid weight loss.  don't worry you'll start losing again soon.

michelle.z
on 12/25/11 1:18 pm - Barberton, OH
It happened to me too...I had my RNY Nov. 7 and after 3 weeks of steady weight loss I stalled. Now I'm 7 weeks out and losing again. Hang in there! It's frustrating but it will pass!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
westwoodbob
on 12/25/11 10:15 pm - Olympia, WA
Thanks for your response. It is really hard to understand how a stall can happen when one is eating only 500 calories and per my Body Bug monitor I am burning 2500 plus calories

Bob

Sherry T.
on 12/26/11 1:49 am - CA
Thank you for posting your question!  My surgery was Nov 29th and I too stalled at 3 weeks out!!  It has been frustrating stepping on the scale and not seeing a drop but know I need to hang in there. I'm definitely not eating enough to hold this weight!! Glad to hear it happens to so many people.
Sherry T
catje1977
on 12/26/11 2:54 pm - Raamsdonksveer, Netherlands

almost EVERYONE stalls or GAINS in week 3 and 4. Stall can last from 1 to 6 weeks so be prepared! Just weigh yourself not too often, def not more than once a week or you'l;l go crazy.

I GAINED about 18 pounds in week 3 and 4 and went totally crazy! following the rules to a T. Off course it came off after that and now, a year later, I am down 150 pounds.

Lesson: stalls happen to all, especially at week 3. Be prepared and do not worry, just keep going. After a year you WILL have lost a lot of weight

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 44 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?