Fitness Suggestions

UK_Longhorn
on 1/5/12 4:36 am
I have decided to use my blog to chronicle my workouts so that I can keep track as well as share info with others that may be looking for something to shake up the routine.  In return I am very accepting if you want to contribute ideas or work outs!  If we keep it fresh...maybe we can all start to appreciate our time at the gym!

birthdaygirl
on 1/5/12 5:06 am - Lithonia, GA
honestly since I have been married for 17 years and don't go out and club anymore, I had let myself go and settled into the "soccer mom syndrome"

but since turning 40 last year, I have vowed to get myself back in physical shape.  Even after wls in 2008 I just ate right and stayed active and my weight came off slow and steady with very few stalls but I know that if I had worked out the weight may have flew off.

I have had some regain and I know that as I age my metabolism ain't what it use to be so my go to exercise will be walking.

I tend to join gyms and then become to busy to go so because I live in a large subdivision with numerous cul-de-sacs, I am going to do that...The fresh air and walking with weights will lose these regained pounds, add muscle and help with the mental fog!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
UK_Longhorn
on 1/5/12 6:36 pm
I hear that excercise is how I am coping with stress now that I can't eat it away!

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/12 9:21 am
 Currently my exercise routine is the following: Bikram Yoga (3/4 times a week); Running/Power Walking (3/4 times a week); Kettle Bell class (1 time per week), 1 day off.

Hope this helps
UK_Longhorn
on 1/5/12 6:38 pm
I really should incorporate some stretching and yoga techniques into my daily plans.  I found this kettlebell that looks like a sugar skull with a flower on it's side, I really want to order it but it isn't very heavy...lol.

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/12 7:20 pm
 I wish that it was Hatha Yoga but it is Bikram. Bikram is 26 postures, 2 breathing exercises, 90 minutes in a room that is heated to 105 degrees. It is WICKED hard but I love it. Here is the website link. Maybe there is a studio near you....http://www.bikramyoga.com/studioLocator.php

Each session burns at least 1000 calories!
UK_Longhorn
on 1/5/12 11:17 pm
Wow, that is no joke.  I will check it out! Thanks.

Paul C.
on 1/5/12 10:44 pm - Cumming, GA
you should check out the Exercise and Fitness Forum, this is what we are all about on there and you will get ideas and support daily.

We also maintain a Daily Workout thread to keep people accountable and motivated.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
UK_Longhorn
on 1/5/12 11:16 pm
Cool, I hadn't ventured far from this board so I didn't really know what else was out there.  Thanks I will check it out!

Most Active
Recent Topics