Fever blister 2 days before surgery ?? Will they postpone surgery ??

Ready4Change12
on 1/15/12 11:38 pm - FL
I am schedued for bypass surgery on Wednesday.  Just before I went to bed last night I noticed a fever blister popping up......I am sure from nerves.  Will they post pone because of this ?  I called this morning and left a message for Dr. office.  Anyone else have this ?
Our Lady of the Holy
Rollers

on 1/16/12 12:29 am
I'm no doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but I sincerely doubt they will postpone your surgery for this. Try to calm down (yeah, I know, fat chance. . .no pun intended) and wait til you get clarification from your doc's office (will they be open today being MLK Day?)
ShebasMom
on 1/16/12 1:08 am
Revision on 07/05/16
I'm a RN who works in an intensive care nursery. We cannot work with fever blisters until they are dried and then, we have to mask up until it is gone. I have a prescription for acylovir ointment that usually shortens the time to

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

Blosom62
on 1/16/12 2:58 am - United Kingdom
Hi
I see you are a Christian, I live in London am a Christian, Diabetic, Fatty Liver, and am having gastric bypass surgery(RNY).  I feel that this is a form of mutilation of my body, as a Christian, how do you feel about this.  He gave us a body, and we are mutilating it?

In his name
Karen x
ShebasMom
on 1/20/12 10:44 am
Revision on 07/05/16
Sorry for the late reply.  

I guess any surgery can be considered a multilation of the body. (Body/head piercings and tatoos are a mutilation of the body too. I don't have either)  I believe it is the intent of the heart.  What is the reason you're doing the 'mutilation'?  Just like heart surgery, I did the rny for health reasons.  I had several co-morbidities that rny has resolved or improved. My Lord & Saviour has been by my side through this whole process. 

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

Blosom62
on 1/22/12 9:23 pm - United Kingdom
Hi ShebasMom

Thank you for your reply, I did not look at it from that angle.  I am having the surgery to heal me, of my Diabetes and to reduce my liver. I will give this all to Him and believe. x

Gas By Pass Jan 28th 12, I live in London, England.
Diabetes type 2 gone, Bloods in normal range with no medication! I am one happy bunny.           
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 350 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics