How many cals at 4 1/2 months out?

ktaborelli
on 1/26/12 2:01 am - Hampton, NJ
 I am 4 1/2 months out. I have get all my protien in from real food but am still only eating between 500 - 800 calories. I was just wondering if this needs to be uped? I do exercise walk 1.5 miles daily and kettle bell every other day. I have been loosing pretty quickly I think. &1 pounds in the 4 months. I just want to make sure I am not eating too much or too little. 
Today I ate 1 cup cottage cheese for breakfast

3 egg whites with 1 slice of whole wheat toast for lunch

I plan on having home made stew for dinner.

Some days I feel like I eat way more than I should, expecially we people see me eat and say "I thought you could only eat a few spoons full".

lanagirl
on 1/26/12 2:14 am
My surgery was the day before yours! My target calories that I was told my by NUT is 800, but I rarely get there. I usally get 700. I still drink 1 protien shake everyday and I eat 4 or 5 small meals because I still can't eat very much at each sitting. I eat cottage cheese often and can usually eat 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup, but tuna, salmon, chicken, or ground beef I can only do 1/4 of a C to 1/2 C.

Michelle V.
on 1/26/12 2:21 am - Livonia, MI
My doctor wants his patients on 650 calories (avg) a day until 6 months out, then increase to 850 calories (avg****il we are ready to start maintenance at which point we can increase to 1,000 or 1,200 a day.

lilbear412
on 1/26/12 2:44 am - MN
 i eat about 1000 or less..mostly around 8 or 900.  I am 5 months out.  I get all my protein and drink all my liquids..but at some meals i can eat a bunch and sometimes i can barely eat.  Depends on the day, my pouch and the food.  One morning this week just looking at an egg made me sick so i had a piece of wholegrain bread, 1/2 egg and some cheese.  I normally eat 3 meals and a snack.  I seldom eat a whole cup of cottage cheese but that doesn't mean i can't i just eat the serving size which is 1/2 cup.  I am going to have 3 oz of bbq pork beef on a 1/2 a bun for lunch and that will fill me up pretty good.  I need to drink lots between meals or i get hungry feeling and tend to graze.  I bought some roasted sunflower/pumpkin seeds and although its high in good fat it really fills me up.  I can eat 1/3 cup serving of that.  Suppose to eat nuts once a day like pistachio's (according to dr. oz and his crew they have somehting in them to DECREASE bad cholestrol).  So i just keep trying to make good protein choices and eating my vegies.  Seems like your doing a fine job if your losing.  I haven't been exercising as much as i should so i am losing much slower..but i contribute that to my age as i am late 40's and i think i am a slow loser..still i am losing an avg of 10 - 12 lbs a month which is definately a healthy loss.   

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Kelly L.
on 1/26/12 4:14 am - San Jacinto, CA
I just saw my NUT on Monday.. I asked her how many calories I should be shooting for and she told me not to even think about calories.. Aim for my protein and carb load.. the rest will fall in line. I explained that my tracker app asks for a calorie number to aim for and so after MUCH prodding.. she said 800. I usually get around 700. I still struggle with protein

HW 274. CW 129

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 481 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 481 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 356 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 69 views