All I wanna do today is...

iowa_missie74
on 2/1/12 1:39 am - IA
All I want to do today is eat. I don't know why, but I'm thinking it could be the new antidepressant I am taking...I started Wellbutrin/Bupropion about 6 days ago. Anyone else experience this?

poet_kelly
on 2/1/12 1:41 am - OH
I experienced it when I started taking Abilify.  I gained about 15 pounds in a short period of time and finally had to come off it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Teresa B.
on 2/1/12 1:44 am - Waxahachie, TX
Wellbutrin is suppose to make you NOT hungry.  It's actually used by quite a few doctors as an antidepressant/appetite suppressor.

poet_kelly
on 2/1/12 2:33 am - OH
Different people react to different meds differently, though.  Even if many people experience decreased appetite on Wellbutriin, some will have no change in appetite and others will have an increase in appetite.  It's like some people get hyped up on sleeping pills and have even more trouble sleeping.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 2/1/12 1:45 am - Baltimore, MD
How long ago did you start taking it? It takes a while for those sorts of effects to set in, doesn't it? A week or so?

At any rate it's been years since I even looked at an anti-depressant so don't mind what I say.
iowa_missie74
on 2/1/12 1:59 am - IA
Ugh, I'm jealous Nik. Wish I didn't have to take them but that all changed when my baby boy died. Anyway...Ive been taking if for 6 days now. Teresa, now that you say that, I recall my dr saying it would make me not really crave foods. Hmm, maybe it's some emotional eating creeping up on me, subconsciously after having such a ****ty day yesterday. Kelly, good thing you got off of the abilify if it made you gain that. It's got to be hard, especially when you are trying to maintain. Thanks ladies.

happy_baker
on 2/1/12 2:11 am
RNY on 02/15/12
 I can't think of anything more tragic than losing a child. My condolences to you and your family, and I hope, in the end, you can manage to find some peace. 
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Cleopatra_Nik
on 2/1/12 2:22 am - Baltimore, MD
Oh please don't take my statement to mean I'm any better off than you! I still suffer from depression but I had a bad reaction to anti-depressants (they threw my hormones out of whack and almost drove me to irreparable damage) so I manage as best I can without them.

Mostly by bugging the holy hell out of all of you :)

I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child. I don't know if your hunger is head or medically induced, but I do know that it's good that you are questioning things. In depression especially don't take anything at face value. Depression is much like addiction, it can give you messages that aren't true and you act on them and things just seem to get worse.

I hope you'll post often and talk things out. Hugs!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

iowa_missie74
on 2/1/12 2:35 am - IA
You must be a damn strong woman. I wouldn't be able to function at all without my antidepressants. I hate being dependent on them, but it's in the best interest of everyone I come across, lol. Thanks!

april89love
on 2/1/12 2:06 am - NC
So sorry to hear about your son. Will be praying for you!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 298 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 253 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 150 views
Recent Topics