Will the vomiting ever stop...I am 6 weeks out and everything makes me sick.

LawyerMom3
on 2/9/12 5:34 am - Huntley, IL
 I am so tired of liquids but they are the only thing that doesn't make me sick...everything else ( with the exception of kashi high protein dry cereal) makes me sick...anyone else have this problem?
jacki_reed346
on 2/9/12 5:39 am - TN
 Persistant vomitting is not healthy.  Have you called your doctor?  Are you experiencing abdominal pain?

hedrider
on 2/9/12 5:46 am - Midlothian, TX
Ditto, the persistant vomiting on everything is not a normal expectation.  What does your surgeon say?  Have you had a EGD to rule out a stricture?
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Lucky2talk2
on 2/9/12 5:46 am - Renton, WA
Yes, for sure check with your doctor or bariatric nutritionist. It may just be trying more items to see what will work for you.

Best of luck with this part of your journey. Someone else may be able to give you more ideas of what to do regarding this. I did not have the constant nausea or throwing up. No dumping. But for sure making sure not to have problems arise from the constant throwing up and so forth and better ideas to try to eat or for your nutrition contact the bariatric team you are working with.

Hugs,
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

hoosierapple
on 2/9/12 5:50 am
Revision on 06/05/18

WOW!  I saw you weight loss ticker.....such a fabulous job and a true inspiration!

Price S.
on 2/9/12 6:35 am - Mills River, NC
vomiting is not normal.  You need to talk to your Dr.  Soon.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

JamieL846
on 2/9/12 6:59 am - MI
If it is actual vomiting not good...I used to have a really hard time eating meat...i think it would be to dry and sit in my stomach and make me have this foamy spit up like a baby....that has gotten better over time but still don't do well with meat and prefer vegetarian items now...i remember for the first 6 months I felt Soo sick if I tried to eat real food!
lilbear412
on 2/9/12 9:02 am - MN
 I would definately check with your doc.  I never have vomited..i sometimes feel sick and sometimes have aversions (tonight to sara lee wheat toast) but have never vomitted.  I am lucky that way..so go to the doc.  

Sherrie...holy God have you lost a lot of weight...wow thats awesome girl and i bet you feel like a million bucks.  You could have been on that show my 600 lb life.  Again...  very proud of you!!

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

IrishIze
on 2/9/12 10:55 am - NJ
I had the same thing happen to me after my original RNY in 2004.  Ended up I had an ulcer and a stricture.  I could barely keep water down.    Please talk to your surgeon right away.  Good luck and feel better soon. 
jo22312
on 3/18/12 6:16 am - MA
I throw up all the time too. I can barely drink my water. I am 25 days post op now. I also had a haital hernia surgery that day (surprise) so that could be it i guess.I am having an upper gi tomorrow. I am still glad I did this, weight loss,etc.but I had no idea the pain & nausea I would have. Please see your doctor.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 245 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 439 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 436 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 331 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?