Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed... missed massage AND job phone call

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/18/12 2:51 am - OH
I got up at 8am (after being up until 2am working on my paper), got dressed, and drove 30+ minutes to get to the other side of town in time for a 9:30am massage.  When he was not there by 10:15am (I thought maybe I put it in my phone incorrectly and ti was supposed to be 10), I called his cell phone.  Last night before he went to bed he looked at his Monday schedule not his Saturday schedule so he completely missed my massage time.  I will get my next one free (especially since he was late for my last session... I am done with being the first appointment of the day!), but that meant that by the time I got back home, I had completely wasted an hour and a half. 

I stopped at Walmart on the way home, and when I got home discovered that one of the dogs had thrown up on the carpet in two places, and once I got the carpet cleaned up I noticed that the doctor's office that I interviewed with for the part-time psych eval position had called (and, of course, by the time I saw the message, they were  closed for the day) so now I have to wait until Monday to hear about the job.  (I was expecting to hear yesterday.)

So I settled in to watch a movie I had recorded and discovered that the DVR box only recorded about HALF of the movie.  Sigh...  No massage, no job news, wet carpet, no movie... maybe I'll just have a nap.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

HouptMom
on 2/18/12 2:55 am - PA
 I am so sorry to hear of your day's events!  This sounds like one of those hide at home with a warm cup of tea days....   I feel sort of like this today today.  I am only a little over a week out from surgery, but today I am feeling especially tired with no energy.  I am getting the protein shakes down and fluids, but I thin****ep forgetting that I am still in early recovery and am expecting too much too soon!
Sorry about your sick doggie, that is such a pain.
Hope the rest of your weekend gets better!

HW 267/SW 243/CW 177/ GW160

april89love
on 2/18/12 3:00 am - NC
Sorry you are having a bad day. Praying the rest of your day goes better!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

poet_kelly
on 2/18/12 3:04 am - OH
Yep, a nap is definitely in order!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

LJ1972
on 2/18/12 3:53 am - FL
Definitely sounds like a day for a nap!
(deactivated member)
on 2/18/12 3:57 am
Holy crappy day Lora!!! You need to pamper yourself for the rest of the day!!

I love naps!! :)
rhondanewme
on 2/18/12 4:00 am - Grantsboro, NC
Sounds like one of those days when you wished you'd stayed in bed and just pulled the covers over your head and went back to sleep. Hope the rest of your day is better.

Barb H.
on 2/18/12 4:18 am - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
Yup, ditto what everyone said! And wishing for you a relaxing weekend!
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

Zeigled
on 2/18/12 4:38 am - Parkton, MD
On the plus side you get a free message!!
HW 357 SW 341   

nfarris79
on 2/18/12 5:12 am - Germantown, MD
 I'm so sorry you had such a bad day! You had a lot more patience with your MT than I would have.... The day's gotta get better, or at the very least, end! Hope tomorrow's a better one for you!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Most Active
Recent Topics