Kelly its my turn..

lilbear412
on 3/3/12 7:21 am - MN
 Alright here goes...i can't remember what you all said you like your B12 and Vitamin D at but i already know my iron is low.  Thats my fault because if i am going to slack on anything its my iron.      But my cholesterol...i have not seen numbers like that since ... well for a long long time.  I recently started the B12 shots.  So that will help with B12.   

Have at it and tell me what you think... first number is my result and the second number is the standard range..

albumin               4.3                        3.4 - 5.0 Prealbumin      20.0                     20.0 - 40.0 Calcium                9.7                     8.5 - 10.5   Cholesterol 145                               0 - 200 Triglycerides 80                                0 - 149 HDL Cholesterol 48                          >39 Cholesterol/HDL Ratio Screen 3.0 LDL Calculated 81 19 - 130 Length Of Fast 12.0   Copper, Serum 138                       80 - 155 Creatinine Serum 0.8            0.4 - 1.3   Sodium               143                       137 - 147 Potassium 4.1                            3.5 - 5.2 Chloride              106                           98 - 110 Bicarbonate 30                                 23 - 33   Ferritin Serum 16                       10 - 291 Iron, Serum 81                               50 - 165 Iron Binding Cap   391                  250 - 450 Iron Saturation 21                        20 - 55   Vitamin B12 764                                211 - 911 Serum Folate 20.7                 >5.9 Red Cell Folate 585                       280 - 791 Lab Glucose 79                              60 - 100 HGB A1C               5.0             0.0 - 6.0 PTH (parathyroid) 32                  10 - 100 Protein Total          7.1                        5.7 - 8.3 Vitamin B1 86                               70 - 180 Vitamin D 25 Oh 47                        20 - 80  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

poet_kelly
on 3/3/12 7:29 am - OH
Your B12 is OK.  I like it around 1000 but the really important thing is that it's above 550.

Your D is low.  It needs to be at least 80.

Your iron is not awful but your ferritin, which is like your iron storage is low so yeah, I'd work on the iron.

Your protein is good.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lilbear412
on 3/3/12 9:18 am - MN
 thanks...i am upping my d and figured it would be low.  and sorry my numbers came out all like that as i had it all nice and formatted then thats what happened..lol

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

rbb825
on 3/3/12 3:42 pm - Suffern, NY
albumin is good, total protein is good but prealbumin is low - not sure the significance other than you need more protein in some form - not totally familar with prealbumin - think it is more sensitive than the others.

Calcium - you list a range but no level

cholesterol numbers are all good

copper, creatinine, sodium, potassium, chloride, all very good.

Your iron is okay but ferritin and iron sat are too low.  How are your hemoglobin and hemacrit?

How much iron and what type are you taking? 

Your b12 is way too low.  You mentioned getting a monthly injection but that wont be enough - it is a good start - you want your level double of what it is - you can either get the shots 2 times per months and see what happens or take the shot once and then still use the sublinguals - B12 deficiency is very dangerous and below 500 puts us at risk - we want to be atleast 1200-1800 and being too high is at not risk, we just pee out the excess -too low we get nerve damage.

Your serum folate is great but the RBC which is the is the storage could be higher but isnt' terrible.

PTH is great

B1 - that is a strange range but based on the range is way too low - we need to be at the top or over the top of the range = must be whole blood rather than serum which is a better test.  Are you taking any?  Everyone should be taking 100mg daily and once a deficiency sets in, you need even more - just like B12 - a deficiency in B1 can cause nerve damage.

vitamin D - isnt' bad but could be alot higher like 80 - I would increase

You are missing vitamin A, zinc, magnesium, zinc, selenium, vitaman E, vitamin K

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views