Sugar-free syrups

artroxy blue
on 3/18/12 9:13 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Are there any sugar-free syrups that DON'T use Splenda?

I can't eat tons of Splenda--it gives me tremors. And I'm finding that lots of stuff I'll be taking, has some in them. I'm very diligent about reading labels, so I know it is in EVERYTHING--vitamins, shakes, sweeteners... *sigh* 
nfarris79
on 3/18/12 9:16 am - Germantown, MD
 Check this one out- says it's made with stevia.
 http://www.amazon.com/All-Natural-Sugar-free-Vanilla-Syrup/d p/B00471K9SQ 

Also you might try your local organic market, they may have products made with stevia not available in big box or chain stores....

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

artroxy blue
on 3/18/12 9:21 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Thanks! I'll check them out. 
KatCooper
on 3/18/12 9:31 am - Collierville, TN
 I am with you on the splenda issue. I do not use it at all if I can help it.  I honestly think they are going to figure out in a few year that like some of the other artificial sweeteners it is not good for you.  I didnt realize that the syrups were sweetened with splenda when I ordered them off amazon.  It is frustrating!!

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

artroxy blue
on 3/18/12 9:43 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I hear you...I started using Splenda a lot when it first came out. Then, one day while I was in class, I couldn't hold my pen, and I was super jittery. After a few days of detoxing off of it, I was fine.

I know some people don't have any issues with it, but after that episode, I try to limit how much I'm eating. Probably why I gained my weight back--I switched back o regular sugar! LOL

This site might be interesting to check out...splendasickness.blogspot.com/2006/03/long-list-of-symptoms.h tml

Mary Catherine
on 3/18/12 10:29 am
 I keep thinking it might be safer to just go back to regular old sugar, but don't want to gain weight back.
Blu-Diva
on 3/18/12 11:57 am - Hamilton, Canada
Tthe stevia is great I'm using it right now.
It form a plant and is a superb natural sweetener,
non after tease either,it is also sold in little packets at wall-mat,
in the pharmacy sectio
n.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

grmadeb01
on 3/18/12 1:17 pm - FL
so far i have pretty much avoided all artifical sweetners, i am just very sensitive to them....i have used some stevia...i only drink water or milk, i do make fresh squeezed lemonade, i use a cup of lemon juice and a cup of stevia, splenda and some reg sugar...way less of the regular sugar, but so far this has worked for me....before surgyer, i would have used a whole cup of the real sugar..but not its not even 1/4 cup for a big jug of lemonade....but i dont drink the crystal light stuff as it has asparteme in it and i get major migrines from that...sorpitol is a laxative.....but so far, i have not had any problems and i must not dump as i have not had any problems with the sugery at all, i am just shy of a year post op...
good luck
debby
Most Active
Recent Topics