Today's Bible Verse

Kenny B.
on 3/26/12 8:40 pm - Leland, NC
RNY on 01/30/12

I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will not welcome us. So when I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, spreading malicious nonsense about us. Not satisfied with that, he even refuses to welcome other believers. He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the church.

– 3 John 1:9-10 (NIV)

Today’s commentary
by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

It should come as no surprise that people use the church for their own agendas. This passage shows us that this problem has been around as long as the church has been in existence. But notice what the apostle John is doing; instead of avoiding the issue, John hits it head on. Leadership has great privilege, but it also has great responsibility, and therefore, accountability. The church is the bride of Christ; are we willing to guard what belongs to God?

Kenny B.
Philippians 4;6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

NowIliveforaerobicsandnotfood
on 3/26/12 10:51 pm
Thank for the post, daily encouragement.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 367 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 246 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 151 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?